Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I think it depends on the return reason you select. If it's for change of mind then you have to pay return postage...if it's because the item is faulty for example then they give a prepaid label. That's how I think it works anyway.

I did a change of mind return about a month ago and it still gave me the option for a prepaid return label. They just deduct £9 from the refunded amount. Or you can send it at your own cost and get refunded the full amount.

I opted for the prepaid return label option but there was a bit of a delay processing my return so I contacted them and they decided to not deduct the £9 and just refunded me the full amount :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Used address pal twice now.. and twice **** is delayed very annoying.

ITEM IS IN TRANSIT DUBLIN PARCEL CENTRE
    BALLYMOUNT RD
    DUBLIN 12 26-Nov-18
    21:50

ITEM IS IN TRANSIT DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12 24-Nov-18
    16:34

ITEM IS IN TRANSIT PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE
    CO LAOIS 23-Nov-18
    17:22

ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED LONDON
    HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB 22-Nov-18
    12:42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Anyone care to recommend a case for the Fire 10

TIA K1170

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Looking to return an item. When it comes to printing a An Post return label, it says the cost is 0.
    Does this mean Amazon they won't deduct cost of postage from the refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Frunchy wrote: »
    Looking to return an item. When it comes to printing a An Post return label, it says the cost is 0.
    Does this mean Amazon they won't deduct cost of postage from the refund?

If it doesn't say anything about a deduction, then no. Is it a faulty/incorrect item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Bought something from the warehouse last Wednesday the 21st, it's not been dispatched yet, is this normal for Black Friday stuff?
    Not a warehouse deal, but I complained that I still didn't have an estimated dispatch date, and I was expected faster delivery paying for Prime (which I am). Whether it is or not, they said they'd follow up and prioritise, and have refunded this months prime sub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone getting any updates from their tracking numbers on an post?

a number of items shipped tuesday, due to arrive tomorrow but no updates from an post yet. none of my packages are in their tracking system.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

anyone getting any updates from their tracking numbers on an post. some stuff shipped tuesday, due to arrive tomorrow but no updates from an post yet. none of my packages are in their tracking system.

Seeing the same here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

a number of items shipped tuesday, due to arrive tomorrow but no updates from an post yet. none of my packages are in their tracking system.

Have you registered your mobile with AnPost?
    I did a few years back and get a text message when it arrives into their sorting centre "An Post National Hub" and alternative delivery options, pretty much always is delivered the day after I get the text

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    I did a few years back and get a text message when it arrives into their sorting centre "An Post National Hub" and alternative delivery options, pretty much always is delivered the day after I get the text

how does one do that, I sporadically get texts from An Post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

slave1 wrote: »

I get those texts and options but pretty clear the system wasn't tested probably (well on Android that is) as trying to select alternative delivery options you do not get conformations, and the webpage doesn't refresh correctly either.

So you're left not knowing if your request has been accepted or where your delivery in now destined for

Yes me too. I think they're under heavy pressure due to Black Friday etc and everything's delayed unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

I sent something back to Amazon

Must.be 10 days and still no word of receipt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

tomplate wrote: »
    I sent something back to Amazon

Must.be 10 days and still no word of receipt

Contact them via online chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

Soarer wrote: »
    Contact them via online chat.

Already did

Apparently stuff stays in portlaoise and is then shipped en masse

Then there's delays at Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I just got an email from address pal to say that my parcel is oversized and if it's to go to my local post office it'll cost me €25 but if I sign up now for home delivery it'll only cost somewhere between 6 and 13 depending on the weight

can't wait to see the packaging as it's only four door cylinders so don't know how it's oversized

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

tomplate wrote: »
    Already did

Apparently stuff stays in portlaoise and is then shipped en masse

Then there's delays at Amazon

even a notification that it'd arrived in portlaoise would be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

Just queried some of my deliveries with Amazon all are with An Post the oldest since the 20th/21st and they refunded the oldest 2 without me even asking and said I should reorder! The An Post tracking shows them at the local sorting office but I've had other deliveries come via An Post since and have been delivered. Only offering a months free prime despite the price differences now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

tnegun wrote: »
    Just queried some of my deliveries with Amazon all are with An Post the oldest since the 20th/21st and they refunded the oldest 2 without me even asking and said I should reorder! The An Post tracking shows them at the local sorting office but I've had other deliveries come via An Post since and have been delivered. Only offering a months free prime despite the price differences now :(

are the items from China?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

No UK and showing in Dublin but never mover from the sorting office

Check out my post a few pages back still not delivered through address pal 12.99 shipping for this crap, in Ireland since 23rd.

Tried ringing today, of course couldn't get through due to high call volume. No wonder noone wants to use their service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Kenwood KMix down to 160 pounds again on deal of the day. Available in cream or black.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-kMix-KMX754CR-Stand-Mixer/dp/B072175L1X

3 packages that were due today all marked as delayed - Now expected 30 Nov - 10 Dec

well glad I worked from home today to be here for them so. ffs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

3 packages that were due today all marked as delayed - Now expected 30 Nov - 10 Dec

They could still up. Have you tracked them on an post site?

• Advertisement

They could still up. Have you tracked them on an post site?

1 not recognised
    1 on delivery
    2 in transit

I'd say you'll get the one that is "on delivery". I've often got stuff the same day as Amazon were showing it delayed.

Myself I have "1 not recognised" and "1 in transit" so it's gonna be a quiet day for me anyway! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭p15574

Question for people with Revolut accounts. I opened one recently, but haven't been using it for all the Amazon stuff I've got over the last week. I know I should have been. Reconciling the prices against my credit card statement, I see my bank rate isn't great - eg 0.8707 this morning when the current Eur/GBP rate is 0.8901, a difference of about €4 on a purchase of £164. I know the Revolut rate is better.

How do y'all go about actually using it though? Do you decide on an Amazon purchase, then in the time between adding to your basket and clicking "Pay in GBP", do you go to your phone and make an equivalent deposit - in GBP - to your Revolut account? I'd imagine you wouldn't want to keep a big balance on Revolut just in case you decide to buy something, especially if the deposit was from your Irish credit card where you're paying interest on it.

Or do you use Revolut for everything you do, including bricks-and-mortar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭p15574

The purchase, by the way, was this Lightning Deal
    Cubot Power (2018) Android 8.1 Dual 4G Smartphone Unlocked, 5.99 Inch (18: 9) FHD+ 1080P, 6GB RAM+128GB, 6000mAh Big Battery, 20MP+13MP Camera,Fingerprint Sensor, GPS,WiFi(Black)

£183 there, but I got the blue one (sold out now) was £179. There's also a "Voucher" for another £15 off underneath the price, which would bring it down to £168. Usual selling price for this phone is £239. Reviews aren't completely in favour of it, but I've been waiting for a 6Gb/128Gb phone to go on offer and this is a good discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

Same for my packages, got in touch with Amazon and they claimed it will be delivered today till 5 PM, which I am sure won't be happening.

I asked them the responsible part of this issue as it's not happening for the first time but my question got brushed off.

Anpost would try to deliver it tomorrow, ofc if you didn't put your work address for delivery.

• Advertisement

p15574 wrote: »
    Question for people with Revolut accounts. I opened one recently, but haven't been using it for all the Amazon stuff I've got over the last week. I know I should have been. Reconciling the prices against my credit card statement, I see my bank rate isn't great - eg 0.8707 this morning when the current Eur/GBP rate is 0.8901, a difference of about €4 on a purchase of £164. I know the Revolut rate is better.

How do y'all go about actually using it though? Do you decide on an Amazon purchase, then in the time between adding to your basket and clicking "Pay in GBP", do you go to your phone and make an equivalent deposit - in GBP - to your Revolut account? I'd imagine you wouldn't want to keep a big balance on Revolut just in case you decide to buy something, especially if the deposit was from your Irish credit card where you're paying interest on it.

Or do you use Revolut for everything you do, including bricks-and-mortar?

I usually keep a balance of 200 on mine and its default payment for most online shoppping, especially us and uk. You can top up in seconds from bank account and freeze instantly too,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ryath wrote: »
    £14.75

Very impressed with with it sounds great, well made and battery life seems very good had it on for a good few hours this afternoon and it was still at 70%

Anker Soundcore

3 days play including about 9hrs yesterday more than 20 in total, battery has only dropped to 30%! Very pleased with it even at full price it would have been worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ryath wrote: »
    Anker Soundcore

3 days play including about 9hrs yesterday more than 20 in total, battery has only dropped to 30%! Very pleased with it even at full price it would have been worth the money.

How do you know how much battery is left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

Phone shows it if you go into Bluetooth connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Maybe I won the agent lottery but I had a package due Wednesday. Got on chat Wednesday night, they said the delay was due to the storm but here's a £5 credit and if it doesn't come tomorrow we'll refund you. It didn't, got a full refund last night and it arrived today. Not huge value, about £35 but nice all the same. Don't know if having prime made a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Caranica wrote: »
    Maybe I won the agent lottery but I had a package due Wednesday. Got on chat Wednesday night, they said the delay was due to the storm but here's a £5 credit and if it doesn't come tomorrow we'll refund you. It didn't, got a full refund last night and it arrived today. Not huge value, about £35 but nice all the same. Don't know if having prime made a difference

i ordered some kids lego for a present for like 25 quid.
    when i got it i found out that recipient already had that one so i got onto amazon to return and replace because i needed to buy an alternative one.
    They just refunded and said dont send it back. Im not prime either.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Anyone experiencing delays using AddressPal?

Delivered to England Saturday morning. Still no sign. Could very well be down to Black Friday but it's never taken this long before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

grebtol2 wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing delays using AddressPal?

Delivered to England Saturday morning. Still no sign. Could very well be down to Black Friday but it's never taken this long before.

Yes, similar story with me. Ordered a Firestick on Friday and it was delivered on Monday in the UK and no word since. I can't track it online with AddressPal/AnPost because it is going to my local PO and I know from past experience there is no point in contacting them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've a few things in the Amazon/AddressPal backlog. Definitely a bit slower than usual.

Not concerned at this point only need them for Christmas.
    They're less likely to be found by my kids in a UK warehouse than in my wardrobe.

I order a few records from amazon US when my wife is over working in boston every couple of months for a few days. I had about 7 records from the warehouse delivered, all 20% off but described Like New. One was warped beyond playing and three of the others were unsealed with a bit of sleeve wear due to postage etc. Got on to agent and they refund $10 for the warped recored ($14 value) and full refunds for the other three so about $40 in total. I'd saved about $20 initially on the order due to various top up/app promotions so probably for everything half price in the end. Tis mad ted!

• Advertisement

My address pal delivery just came! 7 working days it took

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tmh106

morphman wrote: »
    Just when I wanted to buy the new paperwhite it's goes back up to 119 sterling. Any deal anywhere else for it?

Curry's had them for €105

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

tmh106 wrote:
    Curry's had them for €105

Showing 149 on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭raclle

They've made a killing in the last week ;) i ordered a book earlier and got an email saying seller cancelled as not in stock but still charged me so i got onto chat who gave me a credit of £10. Book only cost £6 inc shipping and waiting on the refund from seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Has anyone got Vonchef's food processor from Amazon? How do you find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

there's another "sale" coming up - the "Last Minute Christmas Deals" (otherwise known as the "how we can wring these poor saps for more of their hard earned cash" sale) starts on Dec 6th.

we may as well continue to use the no-chat Black Friday thread for any deals that come up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ablelocks wrote: »
    there's another "sale" coming up - the "Last Minute Christmas Deals" (otherwise known as the "how we can wring these poor saps for more of their hard earned cash" sale) starts on Dec 6th.

we may as well continue to use the no-chat Black Friday thread for any deals that come up?

Oh man...

3UL7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

ablelocks wrote: »

If only...

african-american-man-taped-mouth-300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Turns out an hour or so after waking up from a general anesthetic while loaded with morphine is not the best time to browse on Amazon.

The rubbish that arrived at my house on Friday! If Anyone needs a jewelry box or multi coloured wheel spoke lights then I’m your man!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone else having delivery problems from amazon via an post? I’ve “late” deliveries on a few shipments. Prob just the time of the year.

Advertisement