Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

Sorry I meant the pan when I said basket. We've never lined the wire basket. Depends on what we cook, but we usually end up cleaning it after every 3/4 uses.

Ye I just lob into the dishwasher after a few uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

honda boi wrote: »
    Ye I just lob into the dishwasher after a few uses.

Basket and pan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I did with parcel wizard last year, it got through fine but others weren't as lucky.
    If its caught it'll be "destroyed".
    Were you looking at the laphroaig?

I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Anyone?
    Does anyone know if the 4k Fire TV stick in the USA is the same as the one that we get from Amazon UK? i.e if I pick one up in the USA, will it work okay in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Anyone?

Define *work*?

Anyone?

No it won't, not for the majority of advertised services anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Basket and pan?

Yep when I had the regular size Phillip's air fryer I put the basket and pan(bit with the handle)
    On the xl I take the basket and the steel casing that the basket sits in straight in the dishwasher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Anything on the Dash Cam front? Looking for one for my Father's new car. Even if there are no deals can someone recommend a good value one? Willing to spend as much as 150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

FatRat wrote: »
    Anything on the Dash Cam front? Looking for one for my Father's new car. Even if there are no deals can someone recommend a good value one? Willing to spend as much as 150

I'd never go spending big money on a dash cam, window smashed and its gone, just buy a Chinese one quality is good enough for any insurance company. Was a few posted her a year or 2 ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

FatRat wrote: »

Good thread on dash cams here.

I purchased the Yi Dash Cam based on feedback from that thread and have been very impressed with it. The only issue with it is that it's not very discreet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Still waiting for the Philips Airfryer to drop in price, had hoped it would by today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Check to tips and tricks and do’s and dont’s online for the air fryer
    It takes a while to get used to and it’s all trial and error
    The reason it’s not advised to line the basket is it stopes the air circulating around the food which is the idea of the air fryer

The basket and pan will need cleaning depending on what you cook really
    If you cook clean food like chips or eggs in a ramekin etc it won’t need cleaning so much
    If you roast a joint of bacon or cook a steak the basket will need cleaning.
    Change the foil often and rinse out now and then at the end of your washing up and you should be okay

I'm just going to fire it up today as it is

I see Philips says never put tin foil in the pan so dunno is it worth bothering with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Quick tip for anyone using Parcel Motel - If the company doesn't put your PMID on the label and Parcel Motel don't know where to send it, you can enter the tracking number on the Parcel Motel website.

It tells you if they've received it and if so, it automatically associates the parcel with your PMID and gets it delivered to you.

Brilliant service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Quick tip for anyone using Parcel Motel - If the company doesn't put your PMID on the label and Parcel Motel don't know where to send it, you can enter the tracking number on the Parcel Motel website.

It tells you if they've received it and if so, it automatically associates the parcel with your PMID and gets it delivered to you.

Brilliant service.

Discovered that myself last week when an order hadn't hit my pm a week after amazon said it was delivered. Had it within 24 hours after I did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

In the market for a new NAS so if any of you beautiful people see any deals then please keep me in mind.

The QNAP TS-351 has my attention at present

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

ThePott wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea why certain Amazon blu-rays don't ship to Ireland anymore?
    Specifically looking at Black Panther and Infinity War. Any ideas?

If anyone has a work aroudn too it would be very appreciated :)

Its not just blu-rays, it happens to me all the time with CDs as well, sold direct from Amazon. I emailed them about it before and they said it was a glitch on their end and they would correct it, but I still see it happening all the time. Its extremely annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Great bargain on the no chat thread for the Anker speaker - £15 quid with voucher & code - usually £35

I've the A3143 of theirs, and it's seriously impressive - ordered the £15 quid one - would make a great gift / secret santa etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Great bargain on the no chat thread for the Anker speaker - £15 quid with voucher & code - usually £35

I've the A3143 of theirs, and it's seriously impressive - ordered the £15 quid one - would make a great gift / secret santa etc

Commendable use of the chat thread, nice change from all the chat in the no chat thread.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I see the code (RSKQAVJZ) to get 20% off the £35 but what is the voucher that gets it down to £15?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Click on the Promotion Message tab and then select add the speaker which gives 40% off. The code above gives an additional discount. There is free delivery too. Great bargain OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Brilliant many thanks.

Think we can all expect cancellation emails in the next day or two but if you're not in you can't win.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Click on the Promotion Message tab and then select add the speaker which gives 40% off. The code above gives an additional discount. There is free delivery too. Great bargain OP.

How do you get the two codes to work though? On the final screen I enter 2H8MY6AX for the 40% off but then the RSKQAVJZ for the further 20% it says it cannot be applied to the purchase :confused:

• Advertisement

€38.88 for 2 delivered is the cheapest I can get

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How do you get the two codes to work though? On the final screen I enter 2H8MY6AX for the 40% off but then the RSKQAVJZ for the further 20% it says it cannot be applied to the purchase :confused:

ANKERS20, not RS then the 2H one.

Edited, missed the "s" in first code!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭adam240610

Got it delivered for about £14.30 holy crap that's cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

How do i get the code to get the second 20% off anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ANKER20, not RS then the 2H one.

ANKERS20

• Advertisement

rogieop wrote: »
    How do i get the code to get the second 20% off anyone know?

Apply:

40% is 2H8MY6AX

Then apply:

ANKERS20 for 20%

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    ANKERS20

Cheers. Edited my post.

Still think we'll all be disappointed with mass cancellations but fingers crossed.

Cheers. Edited my post.

Still think we'll all be disappointed with mass cancellations but fingers crossed.

Ah don't say that :)
    Moneys been taken so with Amazon that means on it's way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Apply:

40% is 2H8MY6AX

Then apply:

ANKERS20 for 20%

got it for €17.23 Hell of a bargain. Thanks to all involved.

Got on it there for £14.31, lets hope it works=) Great spot OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

Have one of these already, awesome speaker for the price.

I looked at more expensive ones like the UE Boom at the time,but i'm glad I saved my money.

£14.75 is insane money for this

edit: picked up a second one (third), promotion and voucher still work. Madness

Ordered another 2 ..that's 4 I have now

Why do I have 4 you ask?

ain't got a clue! :)

But at that price and the quality of these it's a no brainer. I am sure they'll come in handy for gifts etc.

Ohhh and I'd be surprised if we DIDNT get them by the way.. not the first time I have stacked promotion codes on Amazon.

People should try that ANKERS20 code on other ANKER products too.

Thanks OP .. worked out cheaper than 2 for price of 1 in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

Cheers OP just ordered 2 there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

e3xmS02.png

Be wary of the fake bargains lads! Doesn't seem like much of a deal if it was only 279 for a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

yup, ANKERS20 works on the powercore 20100 along with it's own 10% promotion.... :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Great find, but what do people really use these portable bluetooth speakers for?

Doubt many people in Ireland are bringing them to the beach or swimming pool at this time of year.....

Frunchy wrote: »
    Great find, but what do people really use these portable bluetooth speakers for?

Doubt many people in Ireland are bringing them to the beach or swimming pool at this time of year.....

Hopefully they might last until the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

Apply:

40% is 2H8MY6AX

Then apply:

ANKERS20 for 20%

Worked great for me! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Got on it there for £14.31, lets hope it works=) Great spot OP.

Are you getting free delivery for that price?

LOL.. I just realised these are the Anker SOUNDCORE MOTION B model

Even better... this deal just keeps giving :)

I was thinking they were the lesser model and I was still willing to buy

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    Are you getting free delivery for that price?

Dont think delivery was free but £14 something was the final price so grabbed it while it was there. Dont know what I even want it for yet but if it delivers at that price it will be some bargain ;)

glen123 wrote: »
    Worked great for me! Thanks!

mgray on the no chat thread is the hero! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Don't need one but ordered 2! One will be a nice birthday present.

Originally bought the anker a3143 and gave it to my mother when I upgraded to the Soundcore Boost.

Have a nice collection of Bluetooth speakers now.

I'm a total Anker wanker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

I’m getting an unable to deliver message on this, which is to a Parcel Motel address in NI. PM would then deliver to ROI. Any idea how to get around this? Thanks

edit : anker speaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭lolie

Dubstar07 wrote: »
    I’m getting an unable to deliver message on this, which is to a Parcel Motel address in NI. PM would then deliver to ROI. Any idea how to get around this? Thanks

edit : anker speaker

It's free delivery to republic of Ireland.

Order Summary
    Items:

£29.99

Postage & Packing:

£0.00

Total before VAT:

£29.99

VAT:

£6.90

Total:

£36.89

Promotion Applied: