Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z390 Scam - Clickbait Alert

Options
  • 14-11-2018 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

A bit clickbaitey but a good video on why cheaper mobos are not the way to go with the 9900K. Is there a similar issue with the cheaper AMD offerings or are they okay as they tend to stick to TDP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZcqw-K1drY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you've the €650 for a 9900K but cheap out on the motherboard, I've no sympathy for you! :pac:

VRM Tier lists:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I was trying to think why this title looked so weird to me. Then I realised "Clickbate" isn't how I've seen it spelt before. Usually people use "Clickbait". I can see a use for clickbate though... in a triple x sense.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You okay there Xen? You seem to be seeing things... :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Solitaire wrote: »
    You okay there Xen? You seem to be seeing things... :3

Clearly. I need to get my mind outta the gutter. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It's not just budget Z390 boards that people need to be careful with, as on the latest Maximus XI board, Asus went cheap on the VRM power phases by using twin 4 phase instead of an 8 phase like all the other high-end boards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement