Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lapvent - anyone ever use for venting a fan through roof

• 14-11-2018 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've to ventilate an upstairs bathroom of a house I rent out.
    Wall fully tiled, so don't want to go out through the wall - so ive decided to put in a fan and vent out the roof.

Came across these www.lapvent.co.uk on amazon.
    Instead of replacnig the roof tile with a vent tile, you slide this product over the overlap in the roof membrane (old bitumin type in my case) from the attic side.
    Then the tube from the fan attaches to this as normal.

When its fitted it is not visible from the outside - and emits the air through the slates it would seem.

Given I'm doing it myself and I'm not a roofer, it would make the job much handier for me - but i cant help thinking it will be potentially emitting onto the roof battens. Also if the overlap in the membrane is particularly long, it will be somewhat blocked and you've no real way of knowing.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

jmBuildExt wrote: »

Wall fully tiled, so don't want to go out through the wall -

Just remove one tile and drill a 4 inch hole ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

for people looking at this thread in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Thanks - I'm already doing that in the other rooms in the house.

As said, I'm not removing wall tiles in bathroom though - they're 600x200 - specifically looking to know about lapvents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

gctest50 wrote: »
    for people looking at this thread in the future

This is zero crack though. Id hate to do this for a living.

I drilled 16 of these in my house with a proper bells and whistles core drill (not a basic SDS)

Crack was no fun . hated every second of it.

Advertisement