Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter Studios London

Options
  • 14-11-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Hi there, can anyone recommend the cheapest option please for flights from Dublin, and transport to/from Harry Potter Studios Tour London? I don't drive. Also the tickets themselves- any special codes/discounts please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

My wife flew to Gatwick, taxi to an Airbnb house right next to the studios. Buses take hours, connections etc.If there's more than one family going splitting the taxi isn't too bad- about £38 each way.

they booked the 'Behind the seam' tour which allowed them in earlier than other tours I think. They spent the entire day there and happy they went early.

I couldn't find any great discounts for the tours.

Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

We did it a few years ago. I left it too late and no tickets were left to book direct but i found a tour company in london offering tours. They operated a bus from somewhere pretty central in london that drove out to the studio and returned. Worked out pretty reasonable i think..The name was Golden Tours from what i remember. Just google Harry potter bus tours london..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CWest

Hi there, can anyone recommend the cheapest option please for flights from Dublin, and transport to/from Harry Potter Studios Tour London? I don't drive. Also the tickets themselves- any special codes/discounts please?

We were there a couple of weeks ago - part of a 1 week holiday to London.
    Our travel solution to get to the Studios from London was as follows...

Regular train from London to Watford Junction - this was something like £15 return for 2 adults & 1 child. We got it from West Brampton station which was very near our flat for the week, it stops at a few other local stations enroute. Took about 30min on the train. And there’s was a train more or less every 30min too.
    Also there are (faster??) other train services from a main railway station - Euston. Train is certainly an easy way to get there...

There’s a dedicated shuttle bus for the studio from right outside Watford Junction Railway Station it was ready and waiting, think it leaves every 20min or so. Buy tickets on the bus. I Can’t recall the extact price for us, think it was under a tenner for the 3 of us, return.

This transport combination was easy & seamless for us.

FYI: We booked our Studio tickets months in advance as we knew midterm would be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Drucilla07

Hi guys looking to take my friend on the Harry Potter your for her 50th in Nov from Cork - where would we fly to and what would be the cheapest way please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 KingBot

Drucilla07 wrote: »
    Hi guys looking to take my friend on the Harry Potter your for her 50th in Nov from Cork - where would we fly to and what would be the cheapest way please ?

Have you read the above thread?

Advertisement