Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS Problems in video games

Options
  • 14-11-2018 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm having problems with my FPS in video games. I just bought a 240hz 1080p monitor thinking i could push 240FPS easy on games like CSGO.

I'll list out my PC Specs:

Asus ROG Strix 1080 Factory Overclocked

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 3.2 Ghz

Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 Mobo

16GB 2400Mhz RAM

500watt PSU

250GB Western Digital Blue M.2 NVME SSD

2tb Sea gate 7200RPM

So when i go onto games like CS:GO with all settings maxed or on low i get about 150-200 frames and my GPU stays at about 40-70%

My friend hits over 270FPS with a 1060 and the same CPU

I don't think my CPU is bottlenecking because in games like Fortnite on max settings it hits 99% but when i lower the settings on Fortnite to get 240 FPS my GPU goes back down to 50-70% and i get almost the same frames as i did on max settings. I have now idea how to fix this, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

What type of cable are you using to connect the monitor? I remember reading before that HDMI has a maximum frame rate it can deliver.

I assume with that type of montior you are probably using DP anyway but might be worth trying a change anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What you are describing is CPU bottleneck.

I would imagine the Ryzen 1600 would easily get 200+ FPS at stock speed so other things to check include making sure the CPU's isn't downclocking and that your RAM is running at the correct speed and not set to a low speed in the bios for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SL4Y3R

What type of cable are you using to connect the monitor? I remember reading before that HDMI has a maximum frame rate it can deliver.

I assume with that type of montior you are probably using DP anyway but might be worth trying a change anyway.

Im using a DisplayPort with the monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SL4Y3R

What you are describing is CPU bottleneck.

I would imagine the Ryzen 1600 would easily get 200+ FPS at stock speed so other things to check include making sure the CPU's isn't downclocking and that your RAM is running at the correct speed and not set to a low speed in the bios for some reason.

I've set the RAM in the Bios to run at 2400 Mhz and the CPU seems to be running normally. It never hits 100% in games

• Advertisement
Advertisement