Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking additional Irish history modules post-degree for Teaching Council recognition?

Options
  • 14-11-2018 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I have a degree in History, but only 10 of the 15 ECTs in Irish history required to be recognised by the Teaching Council.

I know many places that offer the modular accredited courses, e.g. a 5 ECT course in UCD, but the Teaching Council will not advise me if they recognise any of these courses, as they say this is up to the Assessor of my application.

I don't want to waste time and money doing a course for it to be rejected.

Does anyone have any sort of experience or advice at all on this matter? Even if you didn't do history?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

You'll have to research the part time BA as a single Module which is online via the DCU Oscail programme. You'd have to sit one or two units.
    PS there are no history jobs.

Advertisement