Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime

Options
  • 14-11-2018 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find a contact email adress for Amazon customer service?
    I've googled and can't seem to find a simple contact address or form without going through self help options.

The problem I have is that I noticed on my credit card bill, a fee for Amazon Prime which I knew nothing about and notice that I've also paid this the last two months, I searched my email and had no recent amazon purchases and then went into my amazon account to see I had a monthly Prime subscription. I have no recollection of signing up and have no email to confirm a subscription so I either clicked something by mistake a long time ago or they've signed me up without consent, Either way, I've no email confirmation to say I was a Prime subscriber.

I'd like to contact them and ask how I signed up and when I signed up and as they can see that I've never ever used Prime, nor got an email confirmation about it, then I'd like a refund.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You can do all this through their help page in your account. Easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

If you're a member you'll see it on top of screen when you login

Get onto Amazon help and you'll prob get a discount off them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Google "amazon live chat" & you'll sort it out quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

You can get them to ring you

Click on help at the bottom of the home page

Next page hover mouse over 'need more help' and click on contact us from the options that appear
    Chose prime and more in option 1
    Option 2 chose Amazon prime
    Then select issue..manage auto renewal

End of page will give option 3, select call me

They will ring you at a time of your choosing

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Just go into the customer service on the app. Amazon's customer service is top class imo. They always resolve any issue straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Great, thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cillian_c

Hi ,

Just came across this post you had up a few Years ago, just wondering did you get this sorted ? Exact same thing has happened me just today and noticed another transaction was taken out last month. Just wondering what their explanation was and did you get a refund?

Cillian

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

cillian_c wrote: »
    Hi ,

Just came across this post you had up a few Years ago, just wondering did you get this sorted ? Exact same thing has happened me just today and noticed another transaction was taken out last month. Just wondering what their explanation was and did you get a refund?

Cillian

I think you might have selected the Amazon prime trial by accident sometimes they are sneaky when your purchasing they will drop a "do you want to try free fast delivery with Amazon prime" I would get onto your chat and explain the situation they will give you dates you agreed to it and hopefully refund you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Not exactly the same, but when I placed my last Amazon order (about a month ago) I clicked too fast on the "confirm payment" button before my brain registered that the total price had gone up by 7EUR. When I contacted them (live chat) I was told that I'd selected the rapid delivery option, which I definitely did not - I was away from home and wanted the standard (free) delivery to arrive after I'd got back. I assume accelerated delivery was auto-selected, and wonder if they're doing something similar with Prime subscriptions for certain orders?

Incidentally, the items-only sub-total with accelerated delivery was lower than that for the "free" delivery, so there's some fiddling of figures going on there ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Not exactly the same, but when I placed my last Amazon order (about a month ago) I clicked too fast on the "confirm payment" button before my brain registered that the total price had gone up by 7EUR. When I contacted them (live chat) I was told that I'd selected the rapid delivery option, which I definitely did not - I was away from home and wanted the standard (free) delivery to arrive after I'd got back. I assume accelerated delivery was auto-selected, and wonder if they're doing something similar with Prime subscriptions for certain orders?

Incidentally, the items-only sub-total with accelerated delivery was lower than that for the "free" delivery, so there's some fiddling of figures going on there ...

The default is paid delivery. It will save and apply a preferred delivery address but it ALWAYS defaults to the paid delivery (for me anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 cillian_c

Il get on to them right away. Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If the item has yet to be dispatched, cancel it and reorder using the delivery option you want- can be done in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I've been unintentionally signed up to Prime more than once because I clicked the wrong delivery option when checking out but in fairness to Amazon, they always send me a welcome (to Prime) e-mail which alerts me to the fact and I then cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Amazon is as bad as Ryanair or Aer Lingus websites for upselling. Defaulting to paid delivery when free delivery is available, signing you up to Prime without you realising, the credit card (which I assume isn’t available to Irish customers), pay in EUR so we can fleece you with exchange rate, Recommendations of crap, sponsored ads embedded in search results etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The credit card is not available in Ireland - its rather odd that they keep offering it even after changing to Irish VAT etc.

I'm sure there are a very limited number of UK/US customers sending to Ireland as gifts that might sign up, but still.

Advertisement