Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japanese food

• 14-11-2018 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Hi, extremely unlikely but gonna ask anyway, are there any Japanese restaurants/takeaways in any part of Donegal?

Or any restaurants doing some Japanese items like Ramen, Miso, Teriyaki or Gyoza?

Theres a decent selection of places to get Chinese, Thai and even Malaysian grub but haven't seen any Japanese.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You can get ramen, miso and teriyaki sauce in most tesco's nowadays, probably m&s as well, and asda in strabane.

There used to be a little japanese restaurant in derry a few years back, not sure if its still there. Did sushi and bento boxes, was the closest japanese food i found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭lc180

retalivity wrote: »
    You can get ramen, miso and teriyaki sauce in most tesco's nowadays, probably m&s as well, and asda in strabane.

There used to be a little japanese restaurant in derry a few years back, not sure if its still there. Did sushi and bento boxes, was the closest japanese food i found

Surprisingly decent selection in Tesco and the supermarkets in fairness, that's how I've been getting my fix so far.

I couldn't find anything in Derry either but will give it another look. Thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

retalivity wrote: »

No longer there unfortunately. Derry people just weren't ready for sushi.

The Mandarin Palace in Derry sells ramen but I've never tried it as it's one of the more expensive items on their menu and I don't think it's worth it. The teriyaki dish is fine but I've had better and can make it just as handy at home with shop bought sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

Wakahana Japanese Cuisine

Search for this on Facebook. Japanese sushi restaurant in Muff.

I have never tried it and by the looks of the the Facebook page you will have to book in advance as it looks quite small.

Let us know how you go if you do try it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

That place looks lovely!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hah nice! The directions show that it appears to be in someones house??

Advertisement