Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadlink issue

• 14-11-2018 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Possibly a longshot, but I'm hoping someone on here might have some insight into my issue. Even if I can't fix it, I'd like to understand it better.
    TV setup at the moment is TV and Sky box on opposite sides of a wall with HDMI and co-ax passing through. I'm using an IR-over-HDMI to control Sky box.
    Recently got a Broadlink RM Mini3. Works perfectly for TV, but by process of elimination the IR-over-HDMI is interfering with the signal from Broadlink to Sky box. It will control sky box perfectly when IR-over-HDMI is disconnected. When IR-over-HDMI is connected, the Broadlink will work at irregular intervals when hitting the same button repeatedly. E.g. hit channel up 8 times before it happens, then 5 times etc.
    Weirdest thing is this is regardless of location, even right in front of sky box, or through IR-over-HDMI from other room.
    I can't understand how the IR-over-HDMI is interpreting the signal from the Broadlink any different from the actual sky remote, and interfering with its output of sky control signals but not TV controls.
    Any ideas?

Advertisement