Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch

Options
  • 15-11-2018 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Looking for a good deal on a Nintendo Switch if anyone knows of any going around for Black Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Is a nintendo switch suitable for a 8 year old who wants nothing else from santa ,I just might be able to stretch to the price of it but is there alot of other hidden costs to set it up ??
    I do not have any clue or interest in nintendo and would it be hard to set up ,I have an old sony trinitron tv ,would this be compatible with the nintendo switch ,i am really out of my depth here

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

I don't have one yet, am just hoping to get one but I do reckon they would be suitable for an 8 year old. As far as I know there aren't any hidden costs in setting it up but you can buy games and such on the store if you wish.
    The great thing about the switch is you can play without a tv even if it is not compatible but in order to set it up with a tv I think you just need to have a hdmi slot on the tv, does yours have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Been looking around today. Smyths have the best deal (out of Amazon, GameStop and Argos) with x1 Switch AND x1 Game for €339.99. You have to choose one of a few Mario Games. Start with Super Mario Odyssey. Supposed to be one of the best.

As for deals, I don't know if you'll get better than that on Friday itself. Because the deal is currently advertised as a black friday deal, and its only Wednesday. Nintendo Switches, much like any other Nintendo products, don't often fluctuate in price. You can see that here:

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Nintendo-220474-Switch-Grey/product/B01MFADJFV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

cute geoge wrote: »
    Is a nintendo switch suitable for a 8 year old who wants nothing else from santa ,I just might be able to stretch to the price of it but is there alot of other hidden costs to set it up ?

No hidden costs but the games are quite expensive (even second hand). As said you can download games from the Nintendo e shop but there aren't many bargains there except for older or less popular titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Got mine from Smyths yesterday for 339 with Mario Odyssey. My god it is such a good game! Its not like a boaring side scroller or typical hand held adventure game where you follow a path. Every few minutes a new mechanic is introduced which keeps it exciting. I love this console!

• Advertisement
Advertisement