Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cnoc Tiarnach Dunshaughlin

Options
  • 15-11-2018 12:21am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone bought in this development?

Going to see a house the this week and was wondering what the story with them is? None seem to be finished but a lot sold on the estate according to the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Friend of mine is buying a 4 bed there.
    I've been to see the houses 2 times, the 3-bed and 4-bed show house.

IMO, its the highest quality development being built in Dunshaughlin at the moment.
    Under-floor heating, air to water heat pump, very good interior layout in 4 bed and good quality fittings in bathrooms as standard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ongarite wrote: »
    Friend of mine is buying a 4 bed there.
    I've been to see the houses 2 times, the 3-bed and 4-bed show house.

IMO, its the highest quality development being built in Dunshaughlin at the moment.
    Under-floor heating, air to water heat pump, very good interior layout in 4 bed and good quality fittings in bathrooms as standard.

Thanks for the info Ongarite.

I'm looking at the 4-bed and if I can stretch the budget, maybe one of the 5 beds, but they would need to be top notch to stretch the budget that much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

The 4 bed has a convertible attic which can make it a 5 bed or 4-bed with study in attic.
    The show-house has an attic fold-out stairs to show you how it can be converted but they will show you floor plans of where they can install standard stairs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ongarite wrote: »
    The 4 bed has a convertible attic which can make it a 5 bed or 4-bed with study in attic.
    The show-house has an attic fold-out stairs to show you how it can be converted but they will show you floor plans of where they can install standard stairs.

Good to know, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

IMG_20181127_122312_zpscwmeuqiv.jpg

IMG_20181127_122208_zpswwntt3nt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

I walked down passed Cnoc Tiarnach yesterday evening, and I was shocked as it looks like some of the house are already occupied, wow that is very fast getting the houses completed.

GeneHunt wrote: »
    I walked down passed Cnoc Tiarnach yesterday evening, and I was shocked as it looks like some of the house are already occupied, wow that is very fast getting the houses completed.

Yeah they were completing them fairly quickly. The one we were looking at had no brickwork completed outside by they were adamant we would get the keys in March. Guess they are good for their word.

It's that one in the second pic with the scaffolding around it on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Yeah they were completing them fairly quickly. The one we were looking at had no brickwork completed outside by they were adamant we would get the keys in March. Guess they are good for their word.

It's that one in the second pic with the scaffolding around it on the left.

We moved in end of last year, first ones to do so. Really good house and great finish, no complaints at all for it. Had it finished for us the dates they said so hopefully you’ll get your keys in March. I can see it progressing along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Random question I know but as you're already in to your house have you had any issues getting tv/ broadband installed? Thinking of a move to Eir currently but may end up relocating here within the 12 months. I know some estates can take months and months for these services to become available in new estates so just wondering. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Random question I know but as you're already in to your house have you had any issues getting tv/ broadband installed? Thinking of a move to Eir currently but may end up relocating here within the 12 months. I know some estates can take months and months for these services to become available in new estates so just wondering. Thanks

We are currently setup with Virgin Media for broadband, they were very quick with installation. They offer the usual tv etc too. I’m using satellite & Saorview myself.

As for Eir (I had looked at them at one point) they had no immediate plans/estimated date as to when they would be installing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 NAMMY

Hi We are planning to buy a house in Cnoc Tiarnach Dunshaughlin. I just was wondering ,how many schools are around this area or is there any future school planning in this area .
    and if anyone can help to know the area and its surrounding . i heard so far good things about this area .

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

NAMMY wrote: »
    Hi We are planning to buy a house in Cnoc Tiarnach Dunshaughlin. I just was wondering ,how many schools are around this area or is there any future school planning in this area .
    and if anyone can help to know the area and its surrounding . i heard so far good things about this area .

Thank you

Hi, best of luck with your new home in Cnoc Tiarnach.

There's a few schools in the area, as follows:

Primary Schools

St. Seachnall's N.S. Dunshaughlin (on the Dublin road)
    www.stseachnalls.ie/

Gaelscoil Na Rithe (on the Drumree Road)
    www.gaelscoilnarithe.ie

Rathbeggan National School (across the road from the County Club, on the Dublin Road)
    https://www.rathbegganns.ie/

Secondary School

Dunshaughlin Community College (on the Drumree Road)
    https://dunshaughlincc.ie/

There's plans for a new Primary School next to The Willows on the Dublin Road (see links below). I'm not sure when construction is to start, but the ground they plan to use is currently used by Dunshaughlin Youths Football Club (DYFC). So DYFC need to be relocated first to there new grounds.

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2019/02/21/4169777-lmetb-patrons-of-new-dunshaughlin-primary-school/

https://www.facebook.com/DunshaughlinET/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just to follow on from the above- I believe at the GAA pitch across from the Meadows estate there are a number of prefab going in for a new (temp location) primary school? Not sure if that's true? They were working on them this morning anyway.

Edit - its actually from near CoCo/Cooklands onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dimitrisoh

Hi. We are just one step before buying one of the last remaining houses. What is your experience so far?
    (We are first time buyers and new to village which makes us very nervous)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

dimitrisoh wrote: »
    Hi. We are just one step before buying one of the last remaining houses. What is your experience so far?
    (We are first time buyers and new to village which makes us very nervous)

A friend of mine bought there. Speaks very highly of it, no issues. I'm in the village over 15 years now and its growing year on year and in particular the last 12 - 18 months. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

I have bought here and cant compliment the houses enough. Finished to the highest quality. Love the area as well! Builders were amazing to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GerryBurbridge

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone know who will be running the creche in Cnoc Tiarnach? I heard rumors it may be opening in the coming 6 to 9 months.

Thanks

Gerry

Advertisement