Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New window's/door's, New Alarm?

Options
  • 15-11-2018 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some opinions/advice

We are getting new windows in and will be upgrading the current wired HKC. The bulk of the HKC was put in when the house was built in 1990 but there was a new panel,bell and 2 new keypads put in in the early 2000s

We have only had 1 Installer out and they quoted for a wireless Pyronix system consisting of

Enforcer panel
    2x internal PIR sensors
    15 MC1 sensors
    Wi-Fi card
    Bell
    And a few other bits relating to installation.

I haven't heard of Pyronix before are the good ? I like the idea there self monitored alarm/app is free. But if a HKC system would be better we could be swayed.

I was hoping we could reuse the wires that are already there but the installer said that after new windows go in you never know what state they would be in and there's a few windows that are getting changed round.

The layout i had in my head would be similar to what we have

2 Keypads [up and downstairs with the main panel upstairs]
    4 shock sensors on downstairs windows
    6 magnetic contacts on the downstairs window openings
    4 magnetic contacts/shock sensors on exterior doors
    2x internal PIRs
    upstairs there are 7 windows and i think id go with a magnetic contacts/shock sensor on 4 (over an external lower roof] the other 3 would be just shock.

There is also 2 shed door's and 1 shed window that are currently wired that would have to be integrated to what ever goes in [these are not getting replaced]

Thanks for any advice/opinions
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'd get a few more installers out to give you quotes. The advice here is always get 3 quotes.

Depending on what model your HKC panel is, it maybe possible to reuse it and the sensors, while adding wireless sensors where needed. Most of the newer HKC panels are hybrid, so support a mix of both wired and wireless sensors. Early 2000's might mean you already have a hybrid HKC panel, depends, you or the installer need to check it.

Advertisement