Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tirellan heights

Options
  • 15-11-2018 4:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭

What is the Tirellan heights Headford Road area like? has anyone any idea what the houses are like are they cold or damp? its a great location.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It's where I grew up. Was always a good area, mix of families, older people and a small amount of student rentals. The houses are a good standard, no damp or cold issues as long as the house itself has been lived in and has been maintained. All have central heating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lived there a while. Area was fine where I lived (close to Menlo hotel)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

I live here at the moment. Houses were built in the 1970's but seem to have been built well. No sign of mold in any part of the house.

Most houses have oil fired central heating so how warm they are depends on how frugal or not your prospective tenants are with the oil.

Only issue I have is the roof on the sheds out the back of most houses are asbestos. Should be fine once you don't start rattling the shed!

Also there is a new development of 30 houses/apartments currently going through the planning process for a site up on the coolough road near Crestwood so it could get a little noisy up around there if that gets the go ahead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Tirellan Heights is a very large estate of semi-d houses built between 1973 and 1980 when Galway was undergoing its first big wave of expansion and is thus long since settled and established.

The houses are very solidly built and command a good aspect on top of a hill with good views of surrounding areas. Also less difficult to access traffic wise which is a bonus in Galway.

Advertisement