Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Offers - Post Them Here...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Pretty disappointing, was hoping for something better, will get a €50 gift card if I buy the Ipad direct from Apple. With aib rewards could get it from currys and get €10 back or 19 off with Compu b. Dame you apple! (and my silly idea it'd be decent)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Don’t know why I got my hopes up either, thought they’d be more generous in the face of slowing iPhone, iPad and Mac sales.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Harvey norman doing Ipad 9.7 for 349 too, is it IOS 12 I should be looking for, it says ios 11?
    tia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Apple never offered great deals on Apple products for Black Friday directly off the Apple store. At some point they even stopped doing Black Friday altogether.

I think they’re doing something again because they don’t want to be singled out as a major company not taking part, but they don’t like the idea so they just do the absolute minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

pc7 wrote: »
    Harvey norman doing Ipad 9.7 for 349 too, is it IOS 12 I should be looking for, it says ios 11?
    tia

Don't worry about that, you can just upgrade it.

Got my wife an iPad in Harvery Norman for €359. Delibrately did not buy off Apple so as not to encourage that stupid "Shopping Event" that only makes you spend more money with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

murpho999 wrote: »
    Got my wife an iPad in Harvery Norman for €359. Delibrately did not buy off Apple so as not to encourage that stupid "Shopping Event" that only makes you spend more money with them.

See the thing with Apple is they are the manufacturer. They don't have much stock stuck in their channel. By you buying with Harvey Norman, Apple still got the same money from Harvey Norman. It's already paid for.

So in reality, they don't need to participate at all. This is just token participation to be part of the event.

Same goes for most manufactures. This is a retailer event.

flexcon wrote: »
    See the thing with Apple is they are the manufacturer. They don't have much stock stuck in their channel. By you buying with Harvey Norman, Apple still got the same money from Harvey Norman. It's already paid for.

So in reality, they don't need to participate at all. This is just token participation to be part of the event.

Same goes for most manufactures. This is a retailer event.

I get what you're saying but Apple are also in the retail business and need to generate sales.

Compare to Samsung Black Friday sale where it's straightforward discounts.

I get what you're saying but Apple are also in the retail business and need to generate sales.

Compare to Samsung Black Friday sale where it's straightforward discounts.

Samsung has HUGE channel inventory you see, their latest quarterly results showed massive stock piles. Basically they have sold to themselves, or a subsidiary of itself.

Apples channel is seriously tight, again showing in its results. I'm an investor and it waters down their brand if they did this. In fact, Apple has never dropped the price of their hardware in between release cycles bar one occasion on the Mac Pro. I don't think we will ever see Apple honestly give a crap about reducing prices until their revenue/profits start falling. They don't care about numbers of sales.

Anyway - taking up this thread with unrelated material. :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Anyone seeing any deals for the iPhone 8 plus. Trying to find the cheapest deal

Anyone seeing any deals for the iPhone 8 plus. Trying to find the cheapest deal

Not plus but 8 free on vodafone connect today, trying to decide whether to go 8 or 7plus myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Apple Watch has 5% off in CompuB on Graftin street.
    Curry’s have €100 of some Mac Books in store in jervis.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Went with the XR on billpay with Eir. €150 up front and €55 a month

NOWTV £99 upfront for 12 months of Entertainment and Cinema.

Works out at €9 a month.

The Mig wrote: »

Oh that’s great I must look

How long is the contract for?

Edit you’ll end up paying 1,469.76 for the phone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No, he'll end up paying 1,469.76 for the phone AND unlimited calls, texts, with 40GB p/m for two years.

Good deal there, The Mig. Paid 250 on a plan with VF last month. You'll love the XR.

You're completely ignoring that there's the expense of mobile coverage as well.

The phone value is only so much that's in the €55 a month and you're completely ignoring the bundle that includes unlimited calls , texts (who still texts?) and 40gb data.

Similar SIM only is €34.99 with EIr with first 6 months being €24.99 so work that out to two years is €779.76 so deduct that from the €1469 is €689 plus €150 upfront so the phone is costing €839 which is about right.

Right I'm going to hit currys tonight iPad 9.7 is 349, AIB rewards giving 10 off in currys so will bring it to 339, can't see anything cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Well if I paid outright for it (cant afford €879 outright) and continue with my current Sim only plan (€30 a month) it will cost me €1599 over the next 24 months. Turns out I'm saving money ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Right I'm going to hit currys tonight iPad 9.7 is 349, AIB rewards giving 10 off in currys so will bring it to 339, can't see anything cheaper.

compu b have it for €350 also.

compu b have it for €350 also.

Yeah but I won't get the extra 10 off with the aib rewards as only for currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Yeah but I won't get the extra 10 off with the aib rewards as only for currys.

i know - just pointing out the Currys price isn't anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Sorry guys, just looking for a bit of advice please. Pigsback have an iPhone 7 starting at 329.99. I'm just looking for feedback if anyone has bought an iPhone from them before?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm trying to my get Dad to an iPhone 6S from Pigsback!

To be honest, I assume if there's anything wrong it can be returned, and with iPhones you'd know straight away.

You're completely ignoring that there's the expense of mobile coverage as well.

The phone value is only so much that's in the €55 a month and you're completely ignoring the bundle that includes unlimited calls , texts (who still texts?) and 40gb data.

Similar SIM only is €34.99 with EIr with first 6 months being €24.99 so work that out to two years is €779.76 so deduct that from the €1469 is €689 plus €150 upfront so the phone is costing €839 which is about right.

Yeah your right my bad

Can I ask can you pay you bill in store or do you have to direct debt

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can I ask can you pay you bill in store or do you have to direct debt

Bill pay has to be set up using direct debit.
    Also, if it’s your first time joining, then they may request a security deposit which is refunded 6 months or so later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itsthisyear

What is the AIB rewards? €10 back or 10%? Is it only Currys or other shops?

Advertisement