Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motor tax

• 15-11-2018 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi guys

I was out of the country for a year and planned on selling my car when I was gone. Never sold it and now to tax it I would need to pay arrears of €600...

Tax office have advised that I cannot prove the car was off the road via the guards or anyone and best bet is to sell the car..

2 questions..

- Anyone know of any insurers who will insure in a parents name?
    - Can i sell the car to a parent and then sell it back??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's coming up to Christmas! It'd be a nice gift for someone! If they don't like it's they could transfer it back to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

antodeco wrote:
    It's coming up to Christmas! It'd be a nice gift for someone! If they don't like it's they could transfer it back to you...

Second this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I had arrears years ago and decided to sell the car to a friend who sold it back to me the following week for what he paid for it. "He didn't like it". Strangely enough the tax arrears disappeared, like cookies from a jar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Sell it to yourself using your name in Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jordanfaf

my car has 6 additional owners on it from the previous owner(s) to me and his better half (They lived in meath, it was a weekend car and tax is 1200 P.A) once you dont mind the extra owners on the book sell it on and call taksie backsies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement