Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC build

Options
  • 15-11-2018 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, this is my first time building a PC. It'll be for a mix of gaming and media entertainment (Plex & other movies/tv shows).

1. What is your budget? [Under €800 if possible]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [It'll be an even balance of gaming and media entertainment. Games will likely be FPS & RTS games which shouldn't be too intensive.]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [N/A]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [It will be connected to my 49' 4K LG TV]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Not sure]

8. How can you pay? [Debit Card / PayPal]

9. When are you purchasing? [Anytime leading up to Christmas and possibly beyond, I'm not in a major rush.]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [N/A - I have a friend lined up to help me build it.]

I've already purchased a CPU (AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor) and I'm currently eyeing up a GPU (Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Nitro+ Specail Edition 8192MB GDDR5 for £259 / €292).

The PC doesn't need to be a beast but I do want it to last for a number of year. Any help or input is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

Advertisement