If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 Speakers for Denon AVR 2300

Options
  • 15-11-2018 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering what would be a good pairing with an AVR X2300W please for a 5.1 system. The budget would be in the €600 ball park. I know some speaker sets are better suited to certain brands of receivers, so looking for some advice or direction here. 
    Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

NoBread wrote: »
    Hi, I am just wondering what would be a good pairing with an AVR X2300W please for a 5.1 system. The budget would be in the €600 ball park. I know some speaker sets are better suited to certain brands of receivers, so looking for some advice or direction here. 
    Thanks!
    Hi NoBread,

I would highly recommend the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 speakers at 699 euro. These are probably the best value for money in a satellite system and they pair extremely well with the Denon amps (we sell them in bundle packages with the Denon amplifiers):

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200190-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-black-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭NoBread

Perfect, thanks Kenny. Do they come with speaker cables in the box? Also, are there any deals to be had on the MASS speaker stands?

Perfect, thanks Kenny. Do they come with speaker cables in the box? Also, are there any deals to be had on the MASS speaker stands?
    Hi NoBead.

Unfortunately they do not come with any cables.
    You would require speaker cable and a sublink cable.
    Sublinks start at the AU100 7.5 priced at 27.95
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-10538-cambridge-audio-aud100-7-5m-subwoofer-cable-subwoofer-lead.aspx

QED do a 3m priced at 29.99
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203125-qed-profile-subwoofer-3m-subwoofer-lead.aspx

Speaker cable starts at 1.39 per meter
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-900187-cambridge-audio-symphony-100-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

For the Mass speaker I would recommend something like the QED Micro at 2.99 per meter
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11552-qed-micro-white-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

If you let me know how many meters you would require I can see if I can offer a deal on it.

On the Mass stands, they retail at 149.99 Per pair - i could offer at 117.99 Per pair along with the Mass speakers.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12011-monitor-audio-mass-stands-per-pair-speakers-not-included.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks very much for the details. It's actually for a mate of mine, he'll be in Belfast in 2 weeks, so he'll be into the store to buy the speakers. I'll pass on the cable and stand information to him, thanks. 
    Do those stands have cables through the centre already? Do you just join the speaker wire to some connectors at the base of the stand, and connect the speaker to the wire coming out at the top?

Thanks very much for the details. It's actually for a mate of mine, he'll be in Belfast in 2 weeks, so he'll be into the store to buy the speakers. I'll pass on the cable and stand information to him, thanks. 
    Do those stands have cables through the centre already? Do you just join the speaker wire to some connectors at the base of the stand, and connect the speaker to the wire coming out at the top?
    Hi NoBread.

Yeah the stand are cabled internally. You just connect to the speaker posts at the bottom.

When he's coming to the store just get him to ask for myself Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi NoBread.

Yeah the stand are cabled internally. You just connect to the speaker posts at the bottom.

When he's coming to the store just get him to ask for myself Kenny.
    Perfect, thanks Kenny.

No problem at all NoBread.

Hi again Kenny, just a quick update, he'll need about 30m of the QED Micro cable, and the 3m QED sub cable - if you have any deals on QED stuff that would be super! :) Thanks!

Hi again Kenny, just a quick update, he'll need about 30m of the QED Micro cable, and the 3m QED sub cable - if you have any deals on QED stuff that would be super! :) Thanks!
    Hey NoBread.

I could do 30m of the QED Micro cable along with the above for £1.90 per meter and I can offer the 3m QED sublink for £20.

Hey NoBread.

I could do 30m of the QED Micro cable along with the above for £1.90 per meter and I can offer the 3m QED sublink for £20.
    That sounds good, thanks for that! 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey NoBread.

That sounds good, thanks for that! 
    No problem, if you'd like to go for that please send Kenny a PM with your contact number and he'll get that processed for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi again, just an update to say that my mate will be in probably Friday morning (if not, then Saturday morning) for the stuff above. 
    I just have another quick question - I have a Denon AVR-1911 with a now slightly malfunctioning Tannoy sub (I forget the model number, I bought it from yourselves at the time for around €100 with the 1911 so that might give you an idea of the range it is in). When we got the new speakers - Radius 90's for the rear and Silver RX6's for the front, the sub always seemed out of its depth, or for music the sound stage just didn't seem like it should, especially with those fronts in the mix. Now that it's crackling and not so happy anymore, would it be a good time to upgrade to something that would better fit? Or should I change the settings in the 1911 to let the fronts do all the low frequency work as well as the higher stuff? I'm assuming that a better sub from Monitor Audio would fill the gap, but looking for confirmation/advice/thoughts? 
    Thanks!

Hi again, just an update to say that my mate will be in probably Friday morning (if not, then Saturday morning) for the stuff above. 
    I just have another quick question - I have a Denon AVR-1911 with a now slightly malfunctioning Tannoy sub (I forget the model number, I bought it from yourselves at the time for around €100 with the 1911 so that might give you an idea of the range it is in). When we got the new speakers - Radius 90's for the rear and Silver RX6's for the front, the sub always seemed out of its depth, or for music the sound stage just didn't seem like it should, especially with those fronts in the mix. Now that it's crackling and not so happy anymore, would it be a good time to upgrade to something that would better fit? Or should I change the settings in the 1911 to let the fronts do all the low frequency work as well as the higher stuff? I'm assuming that a better sub from Monitor Audio would fill the gap, but looking for confirmation/advice/thoughts? 
    Thanks!
    No problem NoBread.

I'm not at the store on Friday but if he asks for David he can access the boards pricing for your friend.

Tannoy are not bad but I would say a different sub would add the extra omphh you have been missing.

I could offer a deal on the Monitor Audio Silver W12 to mathc your current speakers. It retails at £999. I could offer at £885
    For the Bronze W10 retailing at £449. I could offer this at £380
    Next up the Monitor MRW10 already on a deal at £249 (Limited stock)

There is also the Radius 380 priced at £499. I could offer one of these for £405.

Thanks!
    No problem NoBread.

I'm not at the store on Friday but if he asks for David he can access the boards pricing for your friend.

Tannoy are not bad but I would say a different sub would add the extra omphh you have been missing.

I could offer a deal on the Monitor Audio Silver W12 to mathc your current speakers. It retails at £999. I could offer at £885

There is also the Radius 380 priced at £499. I could offer one of these for £405.

Thanks Kenny, I think the W12 is outside the price range unfortunately. How does the Bronze W10 compare to the Radius 380?

Thanks!
    No problem NoBread.

Thanks Kenny, I think the W12 is outside the price range unfortunately. How does the Bronze W10 compare to the Radius 380?
    Hey NoBread.

I prefer the Bronze over the Radius but the Radius in the Gloss finish looks the part.
    The Bronze does sound better in my opinion also.

Thanks!
    No problem NoBread.

Hey NoBread.

I prefer the Bronze over the Radius but the Radius in the Gloss finish looks the part.
    Hi again Kenny, can I go for the Bronze one so please. Does it come in Oak colour? If not then the black will be fine, thanks. Can I pay for that with you over the phone please, and I'll get my mate to collect when he is purchasing his gear tomorrow/Saturday morning. 
    Thanks!

Thanks!
    No problem NoBread.

Hey NoBread.

Hi again Kenny, can I go for the Bronze one so please. Does it come in Oak colour? If not then the black will be fine, thanks. Can I pay for that with you over the phone please, and I'll get my mate to collect when he is purchasing his gear tomorrow/Saturday morning. 
    Thanks!
    Hi NoBread,

The Bronze 1s come in Black, Walnut or white ash.

I can certainly hold a pair over for you but unfortunately I can't take payment for collections, it would need to be paid for in store.

Kind regards

David

Hi NoBread,

I can certainly hold a pair over for you but unfortunately I can't take payment for collections, it would need to be paid for in store.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, it's actually the Sub I'm looking for: https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12912-monitor-audio-bronze-w10-black-subwoofer.aspx
    Does this come in walnut?

Hi NoBread,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, it's actually the Sub I'm looking for: https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12912-monitor-audio-bronze-w10-black-subwoofer.aspx
    Does this come in walnut?
    Sorry NoBread!

The sub does come in walnut.

Kind regards

David

Thanks for sorting us out on all the items guys, all received and happy with a good deal! 

• Advertisement

Thanks for sorting us out on all the items guys, all received and happy with a good deal! 
    Excellent news NoBread :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.