Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MOT to NCT

Options
  • 15-11-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi
    Bought a car from the UK and its MOT'd until Sep 19. Unfortunately i do not have the MOT disc or certificate - but i found this info on vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk.
    Will i be able to NCT the car without this certificate and how do i go about doing it? do i need to go into a NCT center or will i just wait until September 19 when the NCT is due?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

I did this very recently,
    In my case I bought the car from norn iron, I had to ring the DVLA up north and request a copy of the MOT to be sent to me.
    It cost me £10 but I had it in two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Thecairn

Perfect. I bought mine from norn iron aswel but it came from England first. i'll get onto the DVLA in England and see what they can do. Did you bring that cert into the NCT centre then to get the disc for the window then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Thecairn wrote: »
    Perfect. I bought mine from norn iron aswel but it came from England first. i'll get onto the DVLA in England and see what they can do. Did you bring that cert into the NCT centre then to get the disc for the window then?

You have to fill a form and post the MOT certificate. This cannot be done in the NCT centers.

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/NCT/New%202018/Application%20form%20for%20the%20Recognition%20of%20an%20EU%20Out-of-State%20Certificate%20of%20Roadworthiness%20for%20a%20Passenger%20Vehicle%20(PDF).pdf

You need to fill this out and send it to the Ncts in Citywest,along with the valid MOT cert(or duplicate if getting one sent over). The fee has been waived for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I went through the link and I actually wonder what is EU out-of-state certificate of roadworthiness?

Because that what they seem to be requiring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

CiniO wrote: »
    I went through the link and I actually wonder what is EU out-of-state certificate of roadworthiness?

Because that what they seem to be requiring

That's the MOT certificate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Amouar wrote: »
    That's the MOT certificate :)

I understand that they accept mot cert, but I'm actually curious what's the definition of EU out-of-state readworthiness certificate?

And where can I find such definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

newmember? wrote: »

I’m not sure that they (NCTS) will take a printed off copy as the previous owner of my car sent me the Mot by email, and I printed it out and sent it away and it was returned to me,as they wanted a true copy.

Advertisement