Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my eir mobile wont work in N.I.

Options
  • 15-11-2018 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

am quite desperate looking for help, hoping someone ,outside of EIR can help

i have a HTC !! which i bought in Dublin, it was probably secondhand, I have it two years.

five times now ,over six weeks, I have travelled up North. and cannot get a signal. in was in france this week ,all ok,

I have texted and spoke to EIR people who all read out the same solutions from their help page, turn it off, turn it off for ten mins, put on airplanee mode for ten mins, all no go
    as i type i am eight minutes waiting for them to answer the phone.

hoping I can get help here I have one straange thing to report, once i go North the signal strength icon an array of 5 bars from small to tall have a stroke through them, as if to say its blocked.

is it possible that i have somehow blocked myself off uk signals, while europe is ok
    when i crossed back across the border i could not connect to eir for ten miles, saw the icon ,pushed the button , three times, but no go. when i rebooted phone it worked

By the way my p.a.y.g. eir worked all the time

Regands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you purchase the phone from the UK or on a site where it may have come from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

rugbyman wrote: »

i have a HTC !! which i bought in Dublin, it was probably secondhand, I have it two years.

As Davy is hinting, it was probably stolen in the UK (insurance fraud, unpaid bills, burglary - doesnt matter). Thus it was blacklisted but the blacklists are per nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

ED E wrote: »
    As Davy is hinting, it was probably stolen in the UK (insurance fraud, unpaid bills, burglary - doesnt matter). Thus it was blacklisted but the blacklists are per nation.

Thank you both. I bought the phone, in Dublin from a shop, but it was not in a box.your suggestion has been made to me,but it worked OK for a year in n.i..it seems unlikely that the possible theft was not reported for a year,and the I m.e.i(?) blocked then

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

An unpaid bill might account for it.

I've no experience with this site but you can try it if you wish:
    https://www.imei.info/

Advertisement