Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eating out - what kind of food do you go for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

Pussy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

All apart from the pretentious nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Either an Indian, or tapas that cost 2.50-3.00 each and they're ****ing huge. Usually go for the fried dogfish, fried cod and some fried anchovies along with an auld piece of spanish tortilla washed down with a glass of cruzcampo beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

If I were forced I might have the pretentious number 1 (if someone else were paying :) ) - .. but then i would most probably need to sink my teef into a big dirty kebab later on ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Curry. But take away is my eating out, I don't like actually eating out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I usually try to order something that I never or would very rarely cook myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭AllForIt

One think I will never understand is when I see my friends ordering a burger in a proper restaurant. I can't understand how will all thats on offer one would choose a bog standard burger with chunky chips and the like. It's like an Indian going to an English restaurant and ordering a curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

AllForIt wrote: »
    One think I will never understand is when I see my friends ordering a burger in a proper restaurant. I can't understand how will all thats on offer one would choose a bog standard burger with chunky chips and the like. It's like an Indian going to an English restaurant and ordering a curry.

Depends if you're buying or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Speaking of pretentiousness...
    Recently went to an awfully fancy restaurant that my OH was forever raving about where the "chefs" serve your food to you.
    Now I'm all for being a bit fancy every now and then but come off it, do you really expect me to believe that these two women with perfect hair/makeup and gleaming chef whites are there as anything but waitresses!!!
    As for eating out, it's be door number 2 for me. Indians and Chinese are more for sitting at home watching a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

AllForIt wrote: »

or the Brits going to Lanzarote and ordering English Breakfast :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Austria! wrote: »
    I want one where there's all different bits of dinners and I taste them all.

And no waiters who insist on pouring water. I'm an adult.

I did that in south Africa. They had a food from every country in Africa, taste anything and unlimited amounts of what you like. I ate my body weight in Ethiopian chicken wings :)

Advertisement