Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte player/LG smart tv

• 15-11-2018 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, having trouble with rte player on an LG web os TV vuj634v smart TV. The rte player is built into the TV but recently it is either not loading or taking forever to load. I know it's not the WiFi because I use an android box also and the rte player is perfect on that, anyone else noticed this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

According to an old post on the site the RTE Player on LG tv's is no longer supported

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89626612&postcount=4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

lertsnim wrote: »
    According to an old post on the site the RTE Player on LG tv's is no longer supported

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89626612&postcount=4

Interesting read, but my lg is just a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

I also have a LG TV which is a year old and I was having the same trouble last night. Just like you, I know the internet is not the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I also have a LG TV which is a year old and I was having the same trouble last night. Just like you, I know the internet is not the issue.

I just tried the rte player on my LG and it updated itself and played perfectly

I wonder if I can uninstall and reinstall it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

horse7 wrote: »
    I wonder if I can uninstall and reinstall it.

Yes I'd like to know this too. I think it's since the app was updated it has stopped working properly.

Every time I take out my USB stick from the TV I get a message to use eject , which I cannot find in any menu. Afterwards when I put the USB stick into my pc I get a message to repair my USB stick. Where can I find the eject for usb?

You are very kind, however I have also googled and unfortunately darkos utube doesn't work for me because I don't have the same menu on my LG , it must be a different LG on utube. Thanks anyway.

Thanks, it's a 55UJ634V but the site is a nightmare.

This is my menu, filters. Delete. Play selection. Search ,. It's top right of photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

horse7 wrote: »
    This is my menu, filters. Delete. Play selection. Search ,. It's top right of photo.
    Couple of things going on. First up RTÉ Player got an update on LG TV'S to the all new bells and whistles version just after Christmas but was downgraded two days later. Contacted them and they said they were working on a few minor details and the full update will be released soon. That was early January. The older version still works fine on my TV though not the same model as yours. On the drive issue your pic shows the drive contents. You need to be up one level to the device itself, so you need to find device connector or inputs to find the drive & select eject the device. Make sure you eject the drive properly cause I did it one too many times & toasted a 2TB external HDD in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭maniac2003

Anyway of updating the rte player to the full version? My lg tv version is only giving me a catch up option cant access all the shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Beersmith

This is still not fixed. No answers from rte either.

Advertisement