Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI sound problem - help!

Options
  • 15-11-2018 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

My PC won't output any sound over HDMI.

-I've tested all the cables. They all work fine.

-I plugged a laptop into the HDMI socket (on the amp) that i use for the desktop. Sound is carried fine.

-There's no error messages in Device Manager, it says the driver is installed fine.

-HDMI output is set as the default.

-I even replaced the HDMI card, just in case.

At this point, it seems like i am doing something very silly, or there is a particular fault with the slot on the motherboard?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

ChopShop wrote: »
    My PC won't output any sound over HDMI.

-I've tested all the cables. They all work fine.

-I plugged a laptop into the HDMI socket (on the amp) that i use for the desktop. Sound is carried fine.

-There's no error messages in Device Manager, it says the driver is installed fine.

-HDMI output is set as the default.

-I even replaced the HDMI card, just in case.

At this point, it seems like i am doing something very silly, or there is a particular fault with the slot on the motherboard?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Have you audio ports on the front and back? If so do headphones work in both or just one?

Advertisement