Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling Passat 181

2»

Comments

mickdw wrote: »
    They have some neck telling customers they can buy them in for buttons from uk.

Wont sell many new cars with that attitude. Id be inclined to walk out.
    Was he not trying to sell it back to him, not buy another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Exactly what I did.
    Was he not trying to sell it back to him, not buy another?

I was trading in for a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

vectra wrote: »
    nice_guy80 wrote: »
    If I was in the market for an almost new car I'd consider it.

There will be a nice Mondeo for sale next year if you are in the market then:D
    Keep me in mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

And then SIMI lobby the government about car imports ruining the market

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Went to look at a mustang in Ford Finlay motor group today, A fairly overpriced one at that for a 2016. I must look like a chav because as soon as I mentioned mustang he went on a rant about how they didnt actually own it, they were selling on behalf of a customer and therefore I couldn't look/drive. That was a disappointing 1.5hour return trip :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

milhous wrote: »
    Went to look at a mustang in Ford Finlay motor group today, A fairly overpriced one at that for a 2016. I must look like a chav because as soon as I mentioned mustang he went on a rant about how they didnt actually own it, they were selling on behalf of a customer and therefore I couldn't look/drive. That was a disappointing 1.5hour return trip :mad:

I had something similiar happen in Kearys BMW. A complaint to the dealer principal or even the distributor might soften their cough.

Couldn't be arsed. Like they could've just asked for a credit card deposit, or transfer of insurance.. I dunno, it's not that much of a high end car tbh, maybe they get a lot of people coming in to take cars out for fun. Not sure how you'd sell a car with that attitude tbh.

Guys in Kerry will get prob my business, very good to deal with so far and that's just on the phone. A long drive to Kerry though and I don't plan on making the journey twice but I haven't test driven the bloody thing yet :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

milhous wrote: »
    Couldn't be arsed. Like they could've just asked for a credit card deposit, or transfer of insurance.. I dunno, it's not that much of a high end car tbh, maybe they get a lot of people coming in to take cars out for fun. Not sure how you'd sell a car with that attitude tbh.

Guys in Kerry will get prob my business, very good to deal with so far and that's just on the phone. A long drive to Kerry though and I don't plan on making the journey twice but I haven't test driven the bloody thing yet :pac::pac:

Who are you dealing with in there?

Who are you dealing with in there?

A David in Finlays.. The guy in Kerry is Nicky. Obviuosly I didnt get a whole pile of info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say they thought you were a test pilot with time to kill looking to get a spin in a Mustang.

OSI wrote: »
    Old man has one. Build quality of them is shocking. Leather seats tore a little after 2 years of use, and much of the plastic comes loose or rattles. The A/C pump is badly placed so it's common for them to get busted by a stone coming through the grill, but don't expect Ford to pick up the tab on that €700 bill.

You'll get a Golf R for near 10k cheaper, and it'll be worth more come sale time. His Mustang, a 161, is currently being traded in and the most any of the Ford garages will offer is 23k.

He doesnt' happen to be in the market for a passat?? :D:D:D
    Yeah I know the inside is a bit ****ty, I'm kinda buying for the fun, and the exterior look of it. I've read and watched every review, I think at this stage the only thing that will put me off is if I don't like it to drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

[

You'll get a Golf R for near 10k cheaper, and it'll be worth more come sale time. His Mustang, a 161, is currently being traded in and the most any of the Ford garages will offer is 23k.[/QUOTE]

How much was it new? More than 50k?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    [

You'll get a Golf R for near 10k cheaper, and it'll be worth more come sale time. His Mustang, a 161, is currently being traded in and the most any of the Ford garages will offer is 23k.

How much was it new? More than 50k?[/QUOTE]

I think golf R comes in at 47kish.. from memory.. really nice but I want something different

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah, around 57k if I remember correctly.

Do you know what kind of mileage he has up on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

That’s a savage amount of depreciation.
    I thought being a niche car and in high demand when new it would have retained a lot more.

• Advertisement

carsfan2 wrote: »
    That’s a savage amount of depreciation.
    I thought being a niche car and in high demand when new it would have retained a lot more.

Trying to buy one isn't so easy or cheap. Although I'm not gonna worry depreciation so much, the one I'm looking has an 200k/5 year warranty. I'll be keeping it for as long as possible

Advertisement