Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ROI vs NI, International Friendly, k.o. 7:45pm, Sky Sports Football

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,655 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Those of you suggesting Stephen Kenny as the new manager to replace MON ...... Just feck off.

Up the Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Those of you suggesting Stephen Kenny as the new manager to replace MON ...... Just feck off.

Up the Town.

If you had a choice....Mike Treacy and Peak 6 or JD and his cronies as your boss who would you take. Sure he would be mad to leave the town for the big smoke and the 2 faced fcuks in Abbotstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,655 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If you had a choice....Mike Treacy and Peak 6 or JD and his cronies as your boss who would you take. Sure he would be mad to leave the town for the big smoke and the 2 faced fcuks in Abbotstown.

There's a huge project underway at Dundalk to try to take LOI football forward in Europe.
    The National team Director and Manager seem to be trying to take our National team back to LOI standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

There's a huge project underway at Dundalk to try to take LOI football forward in Europe.
    The National team Director and Manager seem to be trying to take our National team back to LOI standards.

Peak6 are no dopes. They invested their money and have a plan to ensure they get their money back. For that plan to work the FAI will have to follow and support them, I am told they are already influencing them. They are a professional outfit, clever business men and have the American attitude towards sport. Stats are a big thing for them and together with StatSports I am sure they have/will want to have the club at Real Madrid level sports science wise. Hence the plans for the YDC at Oriel. Without that and good training facilities you dont need to start with them.

As for the FAI....a few lads in an office who answer to themselves. MON and RK passing the motions, picking up their wages and always good for the odd press appointment for the FAI if needed.

Peak6 will make the FAI look very silly within a few years. I see Peak6 doing things like the Liverpool owners have obviously at a much lower lever....however they will slowly improve the club not only on the pitch and are in it for the long term to maximise their profits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,007 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The problem I have with the current setup is when we are not winning/playing well the feedback from O’Neill and Roy is just a formulated response of ‘sure we were unlucky’ and what do you want. Anyone demanding or expecting more is almost painted as unreasonable or belligerent. It IS going through the motions, constantly calming expectations and that’s neither the spirit or desire of Irish football. Setting low standards and failing to meet them is no recipe for success. Change would be welcome.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Have the usual heroes waved the white flags?

Staunton, Trapattoni, O'Neill.

Time for a real change.

Stop this corruption of Irish soccer.

We all Know who we need...

allardyce.gif-471252.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Conas wrote: »
    I don't understand why the vast majority of people seem to be calling for O'Neill to be sacked. The manager always seems to be an easy scapegoat. It's hardly his fault if a team of full time professional footballers can't string a few passes together, and do the basics right. Give us a break, the players have a lot to answer for aswell.

When the manager openly admits that he doesn’t work on team shape, set pieces or tactics, and only tells the players who is playing an hour before kickoff. When he plays a right back in midfield who’s not played there since he was 14, without drilling things on the training pitch. It’s the managers fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭briany

Strumms wrote: »
    The problem I have with the current setup is when we are not winning/playing well the feedback from O’Neill and Roy is just a formulated response of ‘sure we were unlucky’ and what do you want. Anyone demanding or expecting more is almost painted as unreasonable or belligerent. It IS going through the motions, constantly calming expectations and that’s neither the spirit or desire of Irish football. Setting low standards and failing to meet them is no recipe for success. Change would be welcome.

The media absolutely hop on a manager or player any time they speak any way candidly and any way negatively. If we had a calmer, more rational audience for managers/players to speak their mind to, they probably would do it more often, but we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Conas wrote: »
    You are only addressing one part of my post. I was saying he's an easy scapegoat, and should the players not be held accountable for playing such poor football? A manager can't go out on the pitch and do that for them. These guys know what has to be done in a match.

Actually it seems they dont, thats the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

How did it go ?.
    I fell asleep sometime after half time !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not much in the mainstream media about the NI fans who were attacked last Thursday night. The Mirror appears to be the only paper who covered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Berserker wrote: »
    Not much in the mainstream media about the NI fans who were attacked last Thursday night. The Mirror appears to be the only paper who covered it.

Dreadful.

I am in the Upper West Stand near the journalists area and under the stand bythe shop before this game there was this clown shouting at a Garda telling him to throw out 2 lads in a NI jersey and that there’s no way he should have to sit with them. Absolute bellend.

eigrod wrote: »
    Dreadful.

I am in the Upper West Stand near the journalists area and under the stand bythe shop before this game there was this clown shouting at a Garda telling him to throw out 2 lads in a NI jersey and that there’s no way he should have to sit with them. Absolute bellend.

In fairness he’s not wrong. Away fans have a separate area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

In fairness he’s not wrong. Away fans have a separate area.

Should the same rule apply when RoI fans turn up in home areas at away games? They are notorious for doing that.

Berserker wrote: »
    Should the same rule apply when RoI fans turn up in home areas at away games? They are notorious for doing that.

Rules should be enforced when they are seen to be broken. They are rules for a reason.

Advertisement