If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Warranty question - No Sony parts available

Options
  • 15-11-2018 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I purchased a Sony Receiver (STR-DH540) from Richer Sounds in 2014.

The Receiver required a firmware update in 2017. As advised by Sony, I brought it to the authorized Sony Repair center . The Sony repair center installed the firmware update in January 2018 and the product immediately stopped working.

The Sony repair center advised that the Receiver now needed a Part which was NOT available from Sony. The Receiver has been in the Sony Repair center since January 2018 ( almost a year !!!!).

I have contacted Sony and they refuse to give any information about the spare part and are of no help whatsoever. The receiver was only 3 years old when it failed, and spare parts are not available from Sony.... extremely poor show from Sony.

Please can you advise any solution?
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I purchased a Sony Receiver (STR-DH540) from Richer Sounds in 2014.

The Receiver required a firmware update in 2017. As advised by Sony, I brought it to the authorized Sony Repair center . The Sony repair  center installed the firmware update in January 2018 and the product immediately stopped working.  

The Sony repair  center advised that the Receiver now needed a Part which was  NOT available from Sony. The Receiver has been in the Sony Repair center since January 2018 ( almost a year !!!!).  

I have contacted Sony and they refuse to give any information about the spare part and are of no help whatsoever. The receiver was only 3 years old when it failed, and spare parts are not available from Sony.... extremely poor show from Sony.

Please can you advise any solution?
    Many Thanks
    Hi Michael.

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with Sony, I don't seem to have any record of this repair on our system?

Was your unit sent to us as an out of warranty repair?
    We would have charged a £40 estimate fee on this had come in with us and I can't see that our our system either.

Who is the repair agent that has your amp? Have you tried calling them for an update if the unit was not sent back through ourselves?

If it was under our own 6 year guarantee we would have replaced the unit with a like of like product if the parts were not available.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.