Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New years eve

Options
  • 15-11-2018 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there.
    I'm having friends over to the city for new years. Its tradition between us that we go to some sort of event. Last year it was a 1920s prohibition party in london..year before that a blitz party.

I looked online and found balls at the meteopole and hayfield which would be great..but they all include 4+ course dinner..and unfortunately half of my friends are veggie.

I havent actually spent new years in cork before..Anyone know if any other kind of theme events take place down here I could look at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I would recommend Jack Lukeman in the Everyman, its a concert rather than an event, but it is a great night and Jack L puts on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

murphym7 wrote: »
    I would recommend Jack Lukeman in the Everyman, its a concert rather than an event, but it is a great night and Jack L puts on a great show.

Thanks murph. I'll take a look and see.

If anyone else has more suggestions they'd be welcome too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I looked online and found balls at the meteopole and hayfield which would be great..but they all include 4+ course dinner..and unfortunately half of my friends are veggie.

But surely they’d have vegetarian options?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Something to ask I guess but if I was catering for that many courses and people I personally wouldn't cater all courses for veggies.
    I'll drop them a mail

Advertisement