Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home

Options
  • 15-11-2018 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭

If you are moving address inside the 12 month contracts, do you need to pay the 50 euro cancellation fee? I currently have electricity with Electric ireland but the address i'm moving to has Gas and Electricity. 

If i am being charged 50 euro to move (cancel), it would make more sense for me to switch to a new provider to avail of discounts.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi jaffa20, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

There is no exit fee as long as you are registering at another address. 

If you have electricity only at the moment, you can add your gas to the contract. You will just need to log into your Online Billing account and fill out the Transfer Account form or call our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, and Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm).

Be sure to take a final meter reading at the address you are moving out from and an opening reading at the new address. You will need your MPRN and GPRN for the new address.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Hi jaffa20, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

There is no exit fee as long as you are registering at another address. 

If you have electricity only at the moment, you can add your gas to the contract. You will just need to log into your Online Billing account and fill out the Transfer Account form or call our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, and Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm).

Be sure to take a final meter reading at the address you are moving out from and an opening reading at the new address. You will need your MPRN and GPRN for the new address.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

Thanks Aoife, I will do this. By adding Gas to my new address, am i continuing my current contract or is it a 12 month new contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi jaffa20,

Thanks for your message. It is a new contract but you will receive €75 credit for the gas supply.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement