Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardai target organised begging in Dublin

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

He speaks for me, and a fair few more.

Just doesn't ring true I'd respectfully suggest - it's like reading the soundtrack to Fiddler or Oliver and doesn't accurately reflect the reality of life here.

How much time do you spend in rural towns? It is a different scene. Reading what is written here makes me think that what YOU write "doesn't accurately reflect the reality of life here. "

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Last week down Shop Street in Galway there was one of these Roma beggars sitting down outside beside McDonalds, anyway this silly young lad with green hair goes up and asks the beggar does he want a burger and yer man says “no no me want money” and the liberal young lad says I can’t give you money but I’ll get you a burger.

We need to educate these silly teenagers and people in general not to buy or give these Roma beggars anything, in a bid to look kind and not racist

Not your call in reality. Thankfully... If we want to give we will give. Our money after all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Graces7 wrote: »
    How much time do you spend in rural towns? It is a different scene. Reading what is written here makes me think that what YOU write "doesn't accurately reflect the reality of life here. "

I’m sorry but I have to ask.

Are you end of the road’s Mother?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

A truly deranged psychopath by all accounts. Also a chief suspect in the disappearance of Trevor Deely.

Didn't know about that part.. another very sad case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I could have sworn they done nothing as I see all the regulars out and still have tons travel on the bus and try and pay child fares and them older then me.

They always mumble and then start shouting when you say not enough as they only throw in a few copper coins.

It's big money and those caught should be shown back to where they came from.

The city has gone to pot.

DaintyDavy wrote: »
    Nobody on this site believes a word you say.

"Oh yes they do!" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Graces7 wrote: »
    "Oh yes they do!" :)

:rolleyes:

I'd warrant more don't than do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

you should re-read my post cos you didnt read it properly.

Better still I'll spoonfeed you so you dont misunderstand...

the original poster said the garda hadnt seen such savagery...I replied the garda couldnt have seen much as the corpse was in the ground so long....clearly paraphrasing here...so maybe re-read the post...

none of my comment was about the murder itself...it was about the hyperbole of the poster.
    Because when someone says they never saw the likes of something, they literally only mean visually, maybe you need a bit of spoonfeeding yourself to stop misunderstanding things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Because when someone says they never saw the likes of something, they literally only mean visually, maybe you need a bit of spoonfeeding yourself to stop misunderstanding things

i refuse to accept this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The city has gone to pot.

I view it all from a remove but am saddened nonetheless.

It is unsustainable. Many of the liberal defenders of these anti-social types live a life that never brings them into contact with the woes brought by these foreign criminal elements.

They see them as another element of some kind of beautiful new ethnic tapestry, a magical multicultural San Francisco happyville. If you query that you can only be a nasty person, a racist even - no better than those baddies in Mississippi Burning.

We need less liberalism to stem this and less laissez-faire policing.
    I would criminalize begging full stop. I would confiscate their assets, fingerprint and deport them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

See given homelessness is so topical at the moment Joe Public is guilted into giving to beggars which in turn leads to more begging given it is so popular.

I don't give to beggars but one lad did ask me last Christmas for a euro as he was trying to get the price of a few cans, I gave him a tenner. The honesty was refreshing. The catch all phrase is now 'a few euro for a hostel' or 'a few euro for the homeless'.

Like I said earlier, most of these bollixes aren't homeless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

DaintyDavy wrote: »

She is a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

RobertKK wrote: »
    Kilkenny City had a big begging problem back in the 2000s, Roma gangs would drive them down from Dublin for the day.
    There would be beggars on High st, on the steps linking to Kieran St, and beggars near the ATM machines, beggars at the car park pay machines, it was getting really bad before it was cleaned up.
    It was like overnight they just disappeared.
    Kilkenny's two biggest income sources are agriculture and tourism, and no one wants tourists visiting and falling over beggars (bad enough for the locals) as there was like beggars everywhere when it was at its worst.

Kilkenny solved this

Tell us more, how did they do it? :) Did it involve hurleys?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaintyDavy

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Kilkenny solved this

Tell us more, how did they do it? :) Did it involve hurleys?

I hope there were pitchforks involved.

Advertisement