Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spice Girls - Croke Park - May 24th 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Deja vu; https://www.thejournal.ie/fans-complain-of-sound-issues-again-at-spice-girls-gig-4657662-May2019/

I don't blame the sound engineers. If the venue isn't built with acoustics in mind, there's not much the engineers can do.

They're really just not fit for purpose.

The sound engineer is hugely important ,they can make all the difference.
    I've been to numerous different gigs in the same venue and the sound can vary wildly depending on the engineer and sound setup.

Coldplay in Croke Park a few years back was widely praised for the sound ,it was the best I've heard in Croke Park by a distance.
    If they can get it right then everybody else should be able to do it too.

The Spice Girls have no excuse for poor sound in Dublin on the first night of the tour as they had been rehearsing there most of the week.

I was at Rod Stewart in Cork on Saturday night ,the sound was great ,Rod even had a dig at the girls .
    "I heard the Spice Girls were in Dublin last night ,we will actually be singing tonight "

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Zardoz wrote: »
    I've been to numerous different gigs in the same venue and the sound can vary wildly depending on the engineer and sound setup.

Coldplay in Croke Park a few years back was widely praised for the sound ,it was the best I've heard in Croke Park by a distance.

The Spice Girls have no excuse for poor sound in Dublin on the first night of the tour as they had been rehearsing there most of the week.

I was at Rod Stewart in Cork on Saturday night ,the sound was great ,Rod even had a dig at the girls .
    "I heard the Spice Girls were in Dublin last night ,we will actually be singing tonight "

They weren't there for "most of the week", they rehearsed at Croke Park on Thursday evening and again early on Friday

Very original of Rod to take a pop at acts that he sees as beneath the genuine, authentic, 'proper' musician that he is himself. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Zardoz wrote: »

Based on my experiences, sound varies depending on where you are in the stadium.
    U2 sound was terrible in Upper 710 (this was sorted for the last night), Coldplay in 702 sound was excellent as was Madonna in Gold Circle.

As mentioned before, Croker is not the best place for a gig sound wise but has
    a large capacity so gets the major gigs each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Numbers are out for the show.

Croke Park, Dublin: 74,186 - $8,070,740

Very good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Numbers are out for the show.

Croke Park, Dublin: 74,186 - $8,070,740

Very good

for the Spice Girls!

• Advertisement
Advertisement