Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spice Girls - Croke Park - May 24th 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anyone know Is this sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Anyone know Is this sold out

According to MCD's propaganda machine it is .

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/spice-girls-41m-concert-set-to-be-biggest-ever-show-in-croke-park-1.3899502
    While the event is sold out, MCD said it has been able to release a small number of tickets now that they have “full staging and production requirements”.
    “They are being released as we acquire them. It’s great news for fans that they can acquire tickets if they missed out, there are some tickets but there is a limited number,” a spokesman for MCD said.

Do they think people are stupid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Zardoz wrote: »
    According to MCD's propaganda machine it is .

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/spice-girls-41m-concert-set-to-be-biggest-ever-show-in-croke-park-1.3899502

Do they think people are stupid ?

So. There may be lots of touts in the area on fri selling the tix for half nothing??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

So. There may be lots of touts in the area on fri selling the tix for half nothing??

What I said back in November still stands

People will be giving these tickets away next summer for cents on the euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

check toutless, though many will stupidly hold out and lose money rather than sell for the going rate.

Also listen for radio stations and keep an ear out for other places, ask workmates etc.

My friends uncle got 200 taylor swift tickets, he is involved with a junior football club and they were given out to all the girls, but think he struggled to get rid of that many.

As said before I do not think this is on the same scale as the taylor swift debacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you look on the secondary sites, there are 750+ tickets for sale.
    They are currently offered at starting price of €50 each which will reduce the closer it is to the event.
    I picked up two tickets for €25 each for a gig recently on the same day (didn't tell the OH though as thought the brownie points were worth more at full price ;)).
    Always worth keeping an eye out there.

Standing might be in demand but should be able to pick up seated cheap enough on the day outside.
    Don't take the 1st offer even when they say it's under face value, lowball offers as sellers will start to panic closer to the event.
    There will be loads on sale and people looking for them should reflect this in their offer prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Zardoz wrote: »
    What I said back in November still stands

:
    People will be giving these tickets away next summer for cents on the euro.
    In fairness, there's no real sign of anything near that happening now, 3 days away from the gig.

In fairness, there's no real sign of anything near that happening now, 3 days away from the gig.

It may well happen based on the number of tickets for sale on adverts alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Two days before, and even one day before, the seller is still chancing their arm that they may be able to recuperate 75% of the ticket price. Wait until day off, and see. Crisis point. Stuck with tickets which cost €100 a piece. Friday afternoon, should be able to get a ticket for 20 or 30 quid. Or hold out until early evening, and could be less. I got some e-mail last week about entering a draw. I did so, and half expect that I will get some confirmation congratulating me for being a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Two days before, and even one day before, the seller is still chancing their arm that they may be able to recuperate 75% of the ticket price. Wait until day off, and see. Crisis point. Stuck with tickets which cost €100 a piece. Friday afternoon, should be able to get a ticket for 20 or 30 quid. Or hold out until early evening, and could be less. I got some e-mail last week about entering a draw. I did so, and half expect that I will get some confirmation congratulating me for being a winner.

Would love to hear of people getting these tickets for 20/30e day of the show, so report back here

• Advertisement

What will happen is people with extra tickets will, due to the number of tickets available and having no interest in standing around for hours trying to sell them, will offload them for next to nothing to the touts who will then try and sell them on for a profit.
    So what seems to be a bargain at half price and below outside, will still yield them a profit due to the original price they paid.
    Always better to buy off a "fan" instead of a tout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

okidoki987 wrote: »
    What will happen is people with extra tickets will, due to the number of tickets available and having no interest in standing around for hours trying to sell them, will offload them for next to nothing to the touts who will then try and sell them on for a profit.
    So what seems to be a bargain at half price and below outside, will still yield them a profit due to the original price they paid.
    Always better to buy off a "fan" instead of a tout.

problem is the fans adverts will hang on too long - people are crazy still looking for 150e each for two tickets.
    anyone willing to pay that would have bought them long ago. standing tickets in particular prices aren't dropping.
    I wonder when the competition freebees will start coming out.

I can see a few on adverts for €50 and willing to accept lower offers.

On toutless they have this rule.
    Only sellers can reduce prices.
    The site is not intended for bargain hunting. We're trying to help sellers as well as buyers and actively discourage attempts by buyers to force prices down. To this end:
    Do not post requests looking for tickets for less than face value to events. Open requests at lower prices puts pressure on sellers to list at that even if they could quite possibly get face value for a ticket from others.
    Sellers may offer tickets for gigs under face value, or for free if they wish, as it may be their only way to get rid of tickets for oversold events.
    Sellers can request offers of lower than their listing price but any offers must be presented to them via PM. Do not post it in the topic as once again this puts pressure on other sellers to list at lower prices.
    Offers deemed to be time wasting or "arm chancing", we'll go with a rough guideline of offering less than 70% of asking price, can be reported by sellers. Repeat offenders will be removed from the site.
    Buyers who actively attempt to have sellers undercut each other will be banned.
    They have edited posts out where people did offer low prices and others did accept.

I am in 2 minds about the rule, maybe it could be enforced up until the very day. I imagine loads of people are totally stung with no hope of selling, thinking nobody would arrange to meet so late in the day.

Tickets are very expensive these days so 70% of asking price is still a hell of a lot for most people. There are plenty of gigs I do not go to as they are too expensive, I would go if I got a cheaper ticket, I feel sorry for the person losing out but better than getting nothing.

I remember seatwave would stupidly pull sales of tickets on the day well before the gig started. Some gigs might have several support acts and you could be buying them at 9pm online and heading in with all the details and transaction done on your phone outside.

If you had a €150 ticket and touts were offering €20 outside you might be very glad to see a post on toutless saying
    "willing to pay €50, will be outside on the night, phone number is xxxxx"

But toutless also do not allow phone numbers, so somebody who is stuck would have to go signing up as a member etc and awaiting replies.

showpony1 wrote: »
    problem is the fans adverts will hang on too long - people are crazy still looking for 150e each for two tickets.
    anyone willing to pay that would have bought them long ago. standing tickets in particular prices aren't dropping.
    I wonder when the competition freebees will start coming out.

There are always people who will go as a last minute decision.
    I've gone to gigs only deciding a couple of hours beforehand and stood outside gig and bought tickets.
    Mostly at a good discount but OH not a great fan of standing around waiting for "cheap" tickets to turn up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Hi guys, will be attending this on Friday. Have never been to Croke Park before, for either a concert or sporting event, so would just like to know how much time I should give to get there, get through security etc? Would like to be seated in time for Jess Glynne at 7pm, so what would be enough time to arrive at the venue? Staying in a hotel on Amiens Street, so planning on walking from there, google is telling me it's a 15-20 minute walk? Thanks for any help.

rubadub wrote: »
    They have edited posts out where people did offer low prices and others did accept.
    I am in 2 minds about the rule, maybe it could be enforced up until the very day. I imagine loads of people are totally stung with no hope of selling, thinking nobody would arrange to meet so late in the day.

Tickets are very expensive these days so 70% of asking price is still a hell of a lot for most people. There are plenty of gigs I do not go to as they are too expensive, I would go if I got a cheaper ticket, I feel sorry for the person losing out but better than getting nothing.

I remember seatwave would stupidly pull sales of tickets on the day well before the gig started. Some gigs might have several support acts and you could be buying them at 9pm online and heading in with all the details and transaction done on your phone outside.

If you had a €150 ticket and touts were offering €20 outside you might be very glad to see a post on toutless saying

But toutless also do not allow phone numbers, so somebody who is stuck would have to go signing up as a member etc and awaiting replies.

Would agree about the phone numbers but not a massive amount of last minute tickets would be sold on there, they would be on donedeal or adverts.
    On Toutless you have to send a DM and then wait for it to picked up and replied to and picked up again which isn't ideal when someone is at a gig waiting.
    Adverts don't allow phone numbers on thread either but that doesn't stop people putting them up there and at least there is feedback on there so you would have a fair chance of not getting stung (hopefully).

Hi guys, will be attending this on Friday. Have never been to Croke Park before, for either a concert or sporting event, so would just like to know how much time I should give to get there, get through security etc? Would like to be seated in time for Jess Glynne at 7pm, so what would be enough time to arrive at the venue? Staying in a hotel on Amiens Street, so planning on walking from there, google is telling me it's a 15-20 minute walk? Thanks for any help.

Yeah short walk but that depends on where you are sitting?

Trying to get in main entrance is always a squeeze as people will be drinking in the pub on the corner and you have to get through the crowd.
    Once at the stadium you should sail through security check and then turnstile.

If your entrance is other side you will be heading down Summerhill Parade from Amiens Street which should be less people but longer walk.

30 mins or 40 if on other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yeah short walk but that depends on where you are sitting?

Trying to get in main entrance is always a squeeze as people will be drinking in the pub on the corner and you have to get through the crowd.
    Once at the stadium you should sail through security check and then turnstile.

If your entrance is other side you will be heading down Summerhill Parade from Amiens Street which should be less people but longer walk.

30 mins or 40 if on other side.

Plus 10 minutes to actually get from the entrance to your seat, up the levels

rubadub wrote: »

You make excellent points. I got a ban before on toutless for offering too low. I can't remember who the band were, but I had a footie match in the evening, and would be going in after gig had started. I hardly even knew any tunes from the band, but it was midweek, and nothing etter for doing. I tried to explain that for me, the amount of the offer was what the value of it is to me. I was a casual giggoer - that the seller had complete discretion to reject it if they want. But there were lots of tickets for sale on the day of the gig. My reasoning was that the seller might be happy to get something for the ticket. Surely, leave it up to the seller if they want to accept that price. My opinion is that rule is pointless. THe seller does not even have to respond to the buyer if they don't want. For Bellx1 last year, there were lots of tickets for sales on the day of the gig. I got one for half price on day of concert. When I met the seller, he was stuck with 3 more - asked me did I know of anyone else that wanted tickets cheap. He would have taken €45 for tickets worth about €120. Whereas, I presume he was stuck with them (it was 5pm) at that stage, and took the entire hit.

Anyway, my pleads fell on deaf ears, and my ban stood. Still bitter about it. Definitely a case of stubborness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

as said above, can be further than you are led to believe so I would give you about an hour to get in position
    if you are not under pressure, leave your hotel about 5:30 and you will be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

You make excellent points. I got a ban before on toutless for offering too low. I can't remember who the band were, but I had a footie match in the evening, and would be going in after gig had started. I hardly even knew any tunes from the band, but it was midweek, and nothing etter for doing. I tried to explain that for me, the amount of the offer was what the value of it is to me. I was a casual giggoer - that the seller had complete discretion to reject it if they want. But there were lots of tickets for sale on the day of the gig. My reasoning was that the seller might be happy to get something for the ticket. Surely, leave it up to the seller if they want to accept that price. My opinion is that rule is pointless. THe seller does not even have to respond to the buyer if they don't want. For Bellx1 last year, there were lots of tickets for sales on the day of the gig. I got one for half price on day of concert. When I met the seller, he was stuck with 3 more - asked me did I know of anyone else that wanted tickets cheap. He would have taken €45 for tickets worth about €120. Whereas, I presume he was stuck with them (it was 5pm) at that stage, and took the entire hit.

Anyway, my pleads fell on deaf ears, and my ban stood. Still bitter about it. Definitely a case of stubborness.

Toutless run an excellent site, if there were sub price offers being posted left right and centre it would become nothing more than an auction site.

No stopping anyone Pm'ing and swapping details and discussing price offline.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Toutless run an excellent site, if there were sub price offers being posted left right and centre it would become nothing more than an auction site.

No stopping anyone Pm'ing and swapping details and discussing price offline.

Toutless has been good to me on many occasion. It's an excellent facility.
    I am just in agreement with one poster who pointed out a flaw.

Toutless run an excellent site.
    absolutely, great site, so I hope nobody trots out the usual "if you don't like it set up your own site" line.

if there were sub price offers being posted left right and centre it would become nothing more than an auction site.
    indeed, that is why I was saying I am in 2 minds about it, there are pros & cons. I was suggesting a time limit as if you check the pages very little action seems to take place in the few hours before the gig -which can be when a person discovers they cannot make it to the gig, or would rather not go.

I remember a friend was stung by a buyer on toutless as they went to a poorly selling gig and managed to get a free ticket off somebody in a pub nearby, so he was left high & dry with a ticket. I think there is little hope at that stage with the official method which is meant to happen. But if he had been allowed put a number up there might have been a chance.

If I was a seller I would not be annoyed if people were allowed to do that.

The last I wanted to go to if I got a cheap ticket was "gods of rap", by the looks of it I reckon many were unfortunately stuck with unsold tickets.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?t=33745

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

MCD competition closed anybody win any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

showpony1 wrote: »
    MCD competition closed anybody win any?

nope

Entered 3 times too on separate email addresses :(

What was it on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

What was it on Facebook?

Yes and on their website.

Didn't win either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Can hear them rehearsing......☺☺☺☺

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

How many are supposed to be in attendance for this anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Morby wrote: »
    How many are supposed to be in attendance for this anyone know?

Mcd said they are expecting 75k.

Advertisement