Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure King Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

I don't have the pressure king but I do have the Instant Pot, which I think came before it and may cost a little more. It's a great piece of kit and I use it a couple of times per week, especially for pulses, curries, beans etc. Huge number of recipes available on the internet. I'm not a great lover of slow cookers, always tastes a little odd to me, but with a pressure cooker things are quicker anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would definitely get one before a slow cooker. Most of these electric pressure cookers only go to 10-12psi, many old recipes are for 15psi.

If getting one I would want to be able to go to lower temps, to do yogurt or sous vide type stuff. They will not have as fine temp control as most dedicated sous vide machines, but the temp variation is not important for what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A pressure cooker and a Dutch oven should both be bought way before a slow cooker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Instant pot is the original , pressure king pro is a knock off of the IP.
    I haven't got either but from looking at them the IP seems to be slightly higher quality and with more features.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

Thanks for all the comments.

We have a dutch oven and its what we use for most of our cooking so it seems going for the pressure cooker is the right call.

I initially wanted an Instant Pot but I can't seem to find where I can get one in Ireland. I looked at a comparison review and it ended up fairly equal at the end in terms of results but might check to see if there is anywhere i can get the Instant Pot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement