Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evans "unable to ship outside UK"

Options
  • 16-11-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭

Just following a black Friday click bait mail and Evans have a red banner headline

"We regret we are temporarily unable to ship outside the UK while we restructure our international operations".

I wonder is it just a coincidence or a one-off or is it a sign of Brexity things to come, of a future famine of British bargains (Barexit / bargexit.... not sure that'll catch on). :pac:

The best bargains are invariably on the UK sites, it'd be a right pain to be excluded from them :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Try both of these, I ve used both without an issue.
    Gives you a virtual UK Postal address

www.parcelmotel.com

addresspal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Evans have just been bought out by Mike Ashleys SportsDirect group narrowly avoid going bust so i would say they have just temporarily changed distribution partners and haven't sorted out the "Irish Question". For smaller high value products there is always ParcelMotel Parcel Wizard AddressPal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Ah yeah I know, I use parcemotel regularly. I just wondered what the larger implications were. I had also heard rumours of Evans cycles being in some financial trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

afaik Evans has been bought by Sports Direct so you can expect a downgrading of its stock just like the Sports Direct stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They're probably figuring out the cost/benefits of getting some poor underpaid immigrant to swim the Irish sea with a bike box tethered to his ankle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

afaik Evans has been bought by Sports Direct so you can expect a downgrading of its stock just like the Sports Direct stores.

Sports direct recently stocked zipp and Dura ace wheels as a result of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Weepsie wrote: »
    Sports direct recently stocked zipp and Dura ace wheels as a result of this.

Based on my previous Sports Direct experiences then I guess I can look forward to ordering wheels that turn out to be the wrong size...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

cunavalos wrote: »
    Evans have just been bought out by Mike Ashleys SportsDirect group narrowly avoid going bust so i would say they have just temporarily changed distribution partners and haven't sorted out the "Irish Question". For smaller high value products there is always ParcelMotel Parcel Wizard AddressPal etc.

Evans were bought by a vulture fund who loaded the cost of buying it onto Evans at a punitive interest rate to pull cash out of the business. Business model was fine but couldn't afford those charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

saccades wrote: »
    Evans were bought by a vulture fund who loaded the cost of buying it onto Evans at a punitive interest rate to pull cash out of the business. Business model was fine but couldn't afford those charges.
    Sounds much the same as what happened Maplin, dept piled on until it couldn't be sustained.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

They are selling off any returns and floor models now. I bought an elite drive a week ago.
    Obviously trying to get as much sold off and quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

cunavalos wrote: »

I`ve ordered many things from Sports Direct and they have all come in via Dublin and then up to me here in the UK (Co.Down) with Fastway Couriers!!

Yeah i know ... strange!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

loughside wrote: »
    I`ve ordered many things from Sports Direct and they have all come in via Dublin and then up to me here in the UK (Co.Down) with Fastway Couriers!!

Yeah i know ... strange!

Not really, Fastway would.uss the ferry, so makes more sense.

Advertisement