Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP when sharing?

Options
  • 16-11-2018 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Does anyone know how HAP works when sharing? I can't find out much info about it online.

I appreciate this is all hypothetical as I might not even find a place at all, but, I just want to get my head around my options. To cut a long story short I can get HAP and I'm at the actually finding a place stage.

However, I could be wrong as I'm only looking at ads right now and not going to viewings yet but that there really aren't many single places available. Therefore moving into a shared accommodation seems to be really my only viable option. Otherwise, I'll be homeless.

I just don't know how it works. For example, in regards to leases etc.

As in do I need my own individual lease? And the person(s) in the other room(s) have their own?

Or do I be on the lease with another person(s)? and I pay my equal fraction?

Or can I find a place with someone or people I know who aren't a spouse, or dependent or parent? And if we move in together do we need to be on the same or a different lease? Is it possible for me to pay as much as I can and then they help out they pay the rest? And therefore how do the maximums rent caps on HAP come into play.

Everyone is giving me the impression you actually can't get a place on HAP at all and that I have no choice but become homeless basically. I don't know how much of that is reality and how much of that his crisis hipe.

Advertisement