Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the ps4 work with my TV?

Options
  • 16-11-2018 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi

I bought a smart TV off Google for 220 euros about. I guess you could say it's a cheap finlux TV.

Finlux smart tv
    Model no. 32-FHB-5521

I'm wondering whether I have to purchase another TV if I want to buy a ps4 with call of duty ?

My TV has two hdmi ports apparently but I don't think it has hdr.

I've searched Google but no luck.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Tara4 wrote: »
    Hi

I bought a smart TV off Google for 220 euros about. I guess you could say it's a cheap finlux TV.

Finlux smart tv
    Model no. 32-FHB-5521

I'm wondering whether I have to purchase another TV if I want to buy a ps4 with call of duty ?

Thanks

HDR would only be a worry if you had a PS4 Pro & we dying to play it on 4K resolution

You can still use the TV to play games on 720p HD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Tara4 wrote: »
    Hi

Finlux smart tv
    Model no. 32-FHB-5521

Thanks

PS4 should output over HDMI just fine. Just make sure the result ion matches the TV (720p or 1080p)

You will be able to use a console with the tv. They connect via HDMI so you are good to go. But as mentioned, it's not going to look great at 720p. Full HD or better is the way to go with consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It'll work, but 720p at 32" is like smearing vaseline all over the lens of your camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tara4

ED E wrote: »
    It'll work, but 720p at 32" is like smearing vaseline all over the lens of your camera.

Does anyone else run a 720p tv with a ps4 ?

I'm far from an aficionado but I still want reasonable graphics.

Will it be worth it in terms of game play and graphics ? Or should I start saving up for a new TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

It'll play just fine. See how you get on with your current tv first before thinking about buying a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

720P isn't terrible on a 32" but a TV that cheap might not be good for consoles if it has a high response time.

Advertisement