Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to amend mobile phone software.

Options
  • 16-11-2018 5:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44

I got a Doro 6520 mobile phone for someone else as it would seem to be the easiest type of phone for them to use. The word "Abort" is always on the screen. This is because, in order to cancel a call in progress, you press the top right button, which has the word "Abort" on the screen above, and if this button is pressed, a message saying that the call was aborted appears on the screen. I know its a dictionary word but the owner of the phone does not like it and would prefer if it could be changed to something else like "End" or "Cancel".

Is this something that a technician would be able to do?
    If so, I will try bringing it in to a phone or computer repair shop, and if not, I will know that there is no point bringing it in.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nope. Not a hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 hugedinosaur

ED E wrote: »
    Nope. Not a hope.
    Thanks for that. At least I know anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Possibly change the language setting? Other prompts would obviously change too...

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 hugedinosaur

Esel wrote: »
    Possibly change the language setting? Other prompts would obviously change too...

Thanks for that suggestion. I did already try that, but they would not be able to use the phone with any of the other available languages.

Advertisement