Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B'Twin Triban 520

Options
  • 16-11-2018 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Advice appreciated.

Have had my pride and joy Boardman Hybrid Pro commuter stolen and have to get a replacement , I assume it will also have a high likelihood of being nicked so am going down in price to the Triban 520 from Decathlon.

Looks like good bike for the money but has a Shimano Sora groupset which seems to get mixed reviews.

Has anyone any experience of how smooth it is on any bike but a hybrid in particular ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dx1200

Hi all

Advice appreciated.

Have had my pride and joy Boardman Hybrid Pro commuter stolen and have to get a replacement , I assume it will also have a high likelihood of being nicked so am going down in price to the Triban 520 from Decathlon.

Looks like good bike for the money but has a Shimano Sora groupset which seems to get mixed reviews.

Has anyone any experience of how smooth it is on any bike but a hybrid in particular ?

Cheers

I’ve a Trek Domane AL3 with Sora. Look after it - clean it, lube it and index when required and it runs very smooth. “A bit agricultural” I once read it described as. I agree. Its like a tractor... but not a bait up ****ty tractor, one of those fancy ones you might see at the proughing festival!! For the record I am neither a farmer or from the sticks :)

Jokes aside it’s a great group for commuting IMHO. Robust and reliable. The Triban also gets decent reviews. I tested one in London a few years ago. Nice ride. Looks good. Won’t break bank if robbed and take a good kicking.

Buy it from Decathlon and send it back if you hate it. But Sora is fine and cost effective.

Advertisement