Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying first home - advice needed!

• 16-11-2018 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

we are mortgage approved. recently looked at a house and EA said that seller wanted separate contracts . house price is x and contents are y . EA asked me if i woul dconsider doing it this way? he asked why this way is preferred and he said something about a seller being in financial
    hardship or words to that effect.
    is this common?
    secondly- is it now more common to send an engineer in prior to agreeing a sale. EA /seller insists that it is done this way. booking deposit , it seems, not needed till after sale is agree? and why is EA also recommending engaging a solicitor prior to a sale being agreed?
    i'm confused.
    always thought that is you wanted to buy a house you agreed a sale and then paid a booking deposit? and the solicitor is then engaged.
    what is the normal procedure - if there is one at all..?

it sound like a complicated sale and rather unusual. or is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This is usually a dodgy way of the seller getting a lower sale price on paper to what they actually got, usually to tell their bank which they may owe the mortgage to they only got X but actually got Y.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

This is usually a dodgy way of the seller getting a lower sale price on paper to what they actually got, usually to tell their bank which they may owe the mortgage to they only got X but actually got Y.

Not really. It can also be a legal way of paying less in capital gains as the furniture does cost money as well and was more than likely a rental. If it’s contract. It’s all above board

Advertisement