Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenue Audit

• 16-11-2018 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Quick question Guys.Would a change of accountant result in a Revenue Audit .I have been told this can happen .Small Business and small turnover and disproportionate accountancy fees .Been quoted less than half by another Accountant but warned about possible audit as a result of a change .Thank for reading this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I am around a while and I have never heard of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

No

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cityboyjim

What should accountants charge for a small retail outlet I wonder .My accountant is the far side of 2k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

cityboyjim wrote: »
    What should accountants charge for a small retail outlet I wonder .My accountant is the far side of 2k

Depends on where your based. If in Dublin, 2k sounds fine. Ask him/her to throw in your personal tax return prep/submission and you have a very good deal there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

cityboyjim wrote: »

It really depends on lots of factors.

But it’s like everything, shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭stephenmario

Oddly enough my company "changed" accountants and we got a letter from revenue a month letter auditing us. The company restructured so we didn't actually change, more or less just a name change e.g. ABC Ireland to ABC consulting.

Advertisement