Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 16/11/2018 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Her voice reminds me of that little lady in Police Academy

Freeze dirtbag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

gmisk wrote: »
    It's like that episode during the snow when they just grabbed anyone they could find.

I was on about that bloody waterfountain song!

She seems..............featureless. Does she even have eyes or an inner mouth!!

00100358-531.jpg

For all we know she could have a medical condition affecting her skin. Eg Scleroderma causes many tissues in the body to stiffen, including facial features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

So we're all supposed to be up in arms about direct provision are we? I think it's entirely adequate. The only problem is people aren't deported quickly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was on about that bloody waterfountain song!
    Balls to you.. that's a great wee song!
    Would you rather more beyond the grave duets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Lower Mount St?

Jeez I would be on the first mode of transport back to Harare

Give her a house and a stable for her horses ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

You could have fecked off back home anytime you liked, Missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Icsics wrote: »
    So we're all supposed to be up in arms about direct provision are we? I think it's entirely adequate. The only problem is people aren't deported quickly enough.

You should get down off that fence

Herself and myself have been waiting for the property crisis segment to come on for 90 minutes now.

I wish I'd recorded the late late so I could fast forward through most of it.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Balls to you.. that's a great wee song!
    Would you rather more beyond the grave duets?

not after the 5,000,000 th time

Direct provision fight club!

The other woman has fallen asleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Tonights theme is what.... Its painful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Will Ryan ask the $64,000 question as to how she managed to choose Ireland to claim asylum when she would have had to cross many other perfectly safe countries that she is legally supposed to seek asylum in first on her journey from Zimbabwe, would that not make her a migrant? Or perhaps ask the other gem as to how many times she has prolonged her time here by appealing?

Perhaps it's because English is her first language and Ireland is an English speaking country, with the benefit of not being full of English people.

I'm sure it wasn't because she wanted to spend seven-and-a-half years in what effectively amounts to an open prison anyway. We really need to start being kinder to people less fortunate than ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

"I try to say "Let's fight" and I choke"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

This has to be the worst episode of the show ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Why do we have to take unlimited numbers of people? I don't think it's right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So what jaysus hardship were you under where you have the luxury here of complaining about sharing a house with a few people?

Part of me wishes I was raised in Direct Provision so that I would not have had to hear repeatedly "You treat this place like a Hotel!"

• Advertisement

Fair play to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

What I don't understand is why in Europe it seems to be only ourselves and UK who have a housing crisis, whoy?

Em most countries in Europe have more homeless than Ireland.

In fact we’re down the end of the scale for homeless.

Try open up your mind from the anti government propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

How did the children come over. Who paid for them to come and all live in one room. This sounds a bit funny to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

If you close your eyes and just listen to the late late show, the predominant voice you'll hear is Tubridys.

An interviewer my arse

The travellers won't like that

M

Perhaps it's because English is her first language and Ireland is an English speaking country, with the benefit of not being full of English people.

I'm sure it wasn't because she wanted to spend seven-and-a-half years in what effectively amounts to an open prison anyway. We really need to start being kinder to people less fortunate than ourselves.

So a migrant then, not a refugee? I'd like to move to California, I couldn't back it up saying I was under a dictatorship in Dublin.

Copy and paste that for next weeks thread!

We have a housing crisis, a transport crisis and a hospital crisis. Duh. I wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

No wonder there's no taxpayers money left to sort out our own country's Health Service crisis, carer situation + all the other problems...

• Advertisement

The Grand Hotel in Wicklow is turning into a direct provision centre. So that's no hotel in Wicklow town anymore, and shed loads of extra people

M

Why is he giving the topic so little time? What superstar is up next?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

Waiting for 4 or five hours ? gets national airtime, serioulsy wtf is going in this ****hole, my mam ws waiting for 3 kin days on a trolly. Its simple, dont give the less than rich hope, they full well know those hopeless do not vote. the and before any jumped up middles class "i pay my taxes" assholes jump on board, you re part of the problem voting in the same **** in a different cloak. provision my arse, where are the irish born homeless representation ? . stop swallowing this **** from rte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

A masters in post colonialism?

Ally Dick wrote: »
    We have a housing crisis, a transport crisis and a hospital crisis. Duh. I wonder why?

Ignorance, apathy and mismanagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was watching the last leg, turned over to this buzzkill.

Maybe Naked Attraction would have been a better option...

• Advertisement

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNpmpXiVLYSNi3kc04d1cbzZurNx9rEdgUpBXcTSTkp8lrRteP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The Grand Hotel in Wicklow is turning into a direct provision centre. So that's no hotel in Wicklow town anymore, and shed loads of extra people

One of them in galway is after turning back into a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

How did the children come over. Who paid for them to come and all live in one room. This sounds a bit funny to me.
    Same thing happening in rooskey in leitrim.

20 quid? Feck that! There's women in town that would give you the ride for a double cheeseburger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Nothing like it.

• Advertisement

Did he say " leave me alone, I'm a family man and my bark is much worse than my bite"?

Probably either Hall or Oates.

And you can picture lazy civil servants stamping and approving every application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Wishox wrote: »
    Waiting for 4 or five hours ? gets national airtime, serioulsy wtf is going in this ****hole, my mam ws waiting for 3 kin days on a trolly. Its simple, dont give the less than rich hope, they full well know those hopeless do not vote. the and before any jumped up middles class "i pay my taxes" assholes jump on board, you re part of the problem voting in the same **** in a different cloak. provision my arse, where are the irish born homeless representation ? . stop swallowing this **** from rte

What Irish homeless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

To be fair, nothing wrong with people coming here and contributing.

We could probably go down the "one in, one out" route and did ourselves of some of the useless shìtes they could replace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

So a migrant then, not a refugee? I'd like to move to California, I couldn't back it up saying I was under a dictatorship in Dublin.

Maybe try having a bit of empathy for people less fortunate than yourself, rather than being so flippant and comparing their plight with your desire to move to California.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

"No time for Matt Damon tonight I'm afraid"

(I'm sorry, not first time I've used that one)

Hopefully Dermot Bannon.

I'm interpreting the term superstar loosely of course.

We should adopt the Aussie immigration model. No riff raff

And they are still planning on having Weddings there, only you can't book rooms because they are all used for direct provision.

That would be an interesting episode of Don't Tell The Bride.

M

Julian Benson & Hedges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement