Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sockets on Emirates?

• 16-11-2018 7:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Flying out tomorrow to Adelaide, do the Boeing 777-300ER or the Boeing 777-200LR have sockets to charge stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That is 100% dependent on airline and even then may be dependent on the specific aircraft. They are not manufacturer fitted equipment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

L1011 wrote: »
    That is 100% dependent on airline and even then may be dependent on the specific aircraft. They are not manufacturer fitted equipment

Cheers were flying with Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Cheers were flying with Emirates.

Have a look on seatguru https://www.seatguru.com/traveltips/power_ports.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

What do you need to charge..?
    USB ports for charging tablets and phones are quite common in all classes but AC power sockets for larger items like laptops are quite often only found in business class...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What do you need to charge..?
    USB ports for charging tablets and phones are quite common in all classes but AC power sockets for larger items like laptops are quite often only found in business class...

Playstation portable, usb port would be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Playstation portable, usb port would be fine.

There’s been a USB port at the seat every time I’ve sat in economy with Emirates so you should hopefully be ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Emirates have by far the best long haul economy product on offer from a point of view of entertainment and 20mb free wifi. I'd still prefer the old 3-3-3 777's anyday when you had slightly more space. Nowadays I usually knock myself out for flights longer than 8-9hrs with a sleeping pill so infotainment screens etc. don't bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Emirates does have power sockets in economy. There's generally one between two seats.

The only thing to be aware of is that there are a number of different types depending on which interior you get. I've seen the UK/Irish standard and American ones. Bring an international power plug and you'll be fine.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Seat has a socket and USB port 😁😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Seat has a socket and USB port 😁😁

Thinly veiled 'I am on an airplane you peasants'.

Enjoy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement