Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a 7 seater SUV - Suggestions

• 16-11-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Child number 3 on the way. Eldest is 7 years old, middle child is 3. About half the time we have a least an extra child in the car (one of my 7 year olds friends). So looking for a 7 seater.

I live in the arse hole of west cork, and the local roads have grass in the middle so I'm looking fir an SUV type machine fir groubd clearance.

I'm thinking petrol/electric hybrid as I'm concerned that diesel will be troublesome to sell on in 6 to 8 years. Is this a correct assessment?

I cant really afford new, but something 2 to 4 years old.

Would like a tiguan allspace, but they are only out a year and i think they only come in diesel.

All suggestions welcome.

Mods, if this should be in the buying and selling section, please move

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Child number 3 on the way. Eldest is 7 years old, middle child is 3. About half the time we have a least an extra child in the car (one of my 7 year olds friends). So looking for a 7 seater.

I live in the arse hole of west cork, and the local roads have grass in the middle so I'm looking fir an SUV type machine fir groubd clearance.

I'm thinking petrol/electric hybrid as I'm concerned that diesel will be troublesome to sell on in 6 to 8 years. Is this a correct assessment?

Would like a tiguan allspace, but they are only out a year and i think they only come in diesel.

All suggestions welcome.

Volvo XC90 was available as a hybrid from 2015 onwards. I doubt there are many around though and they are going to be expensive. I can't think of any other hybrid 7 seaters, Outlander PHEV has been around a while but is only 5 seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

All suggestions welcome.

I don't think diesel will go downhill as fast as you think. Selling a diesel in 5 or 6 years shouldn't be problem. It should open up a few more options for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

If the Tiguan Allspace will do then an alternative is the Prius + seven seater (from the UK maybe?) Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it meets most of your requirements.

Predicting the future of diesel is not easy - I wouldn't write it off completely as the next motoring health scare is likely to be NOx emissions from the latest generation of petrol engines. Too soon for a viable electric seven seater and as mentioned, the XC90 PHEV is too expensive. Maybe buy a decent few years old Ford/Citroen/Peugeot/VW seven seater diesel or petrol and run it into the ground? If you buy a four year old anything and keep it for 6 to 8 years it won't be worth a lot no matter what it burns.

Congrats on number 3 BTW :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

All suggestions welcome.

Decided to go diesel and go about 3 to 4 yrars old. Give me a lot more options.

Advertisement