Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Outside window trim audi a5

Options
  • 16-11-2018 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, I have an audi a5 b8. Its an s-line coupe but not the black edition, I'm looking to source the window trim and front grill for this version.

Its currently in chrome but I'm seeking the black style, does anyone know a place in Ireland to source this or has had any similar experience. I cant even find the trim on ebay or from scrap yards.

Does anyone know if there any auto detailing shops that might be able to cater to this change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You will have to buy the entire grill to to change the chrome on the front.
    You could try audi for the trims around the windows.
    I'm sure you could get someone to someone to paint then to satin black although it might not be a great success with stone chipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Spray it with FullDip.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Look at getting the trim painted or wrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

If you have the patience you could use plastic dip. i did all the chrome on my A6 Sline to great effect, no problem since after 8mths

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

SBPhoto wrote: »
    If you have the patience you could use plastic dip. i did all the chrome on my A6 Sline to great effect, no problem since after 8mths
    Yep. Same as the Full Dip I mentioned above. Works really well and isn't permanent if you don't want it to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement