Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neighbour parking

Options
  • 16-11-2018 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

I live in an estate that only has on street parking. None of the spaces are numbered.
    In the last two days our neighbour couldn't park his taxi in front of his house or within 20 feet.he has now decided to spray paint in bright yellow that the space outside his house is his.
    Some neighbours have an mutual agreement that they won't park in certain spaces but nobody had a conversation with the taxi driver as he is a bit of a nob.
    My issue isn't so much that he wants a space in front of his house but its the bright yellow he has sprayed all over the parking space.

Any ideas how I can find out who owns the house or maybe I should contact the council and get them to ask him to clean up his mess.

I would approach him but we have had words in the past and it nearly turned into a couple of digs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Call the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

bigpoppa wrote: »
    Call the council.

As above, the council is the authority unauthorised road markings should be reported to

And for your own knowledge it appears under the road act 1993 section 13 states defacing the public road is an illegal offence (which I assume you know anyway but just to mention)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

wally1990 wrote: »
    And for your own knowledge it appears under the road act 1993 section 13 states defacing the public road is an illegal offence (which I assume you know anyway but just to mention)

Ye I knew that but didn't want to report him to the guards(yet anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gaurds will laugh but council will eventually clean it off.

Hilarious though have to say.... Just shows you what type are driving people around for a living and are meant to be professional.....

If you want a neighbour from hell you have picked the right one to mess with.

My most recent interaction with a taxi driver was where he thought assaulting me was a better option then moving his car from a bus stop.

I have never come across someone to actually go out of their way to ger back into their car so quick after playing the hard man.....

He hit me 1st and didn't like the few he got back....

• Advertisement

Gaurds will laugh but council will eventually clean it off.

Hilarious though have to say.... Just shows you what type are driving people around for a living and are meant to be professional.....

If you want a neighbour from hell you have picked the right one to mess with.

My most recent interaction with a taxi driver was where he thought assaulting me was a better option then moving his car from a bus stop.

I have never come across someone to actually go out of their way to ger back into their car so quick after playing the hard man.....

He hit me 1st and didn't like the few he got back....

The username is very fitting :)

The username is very fitting :)

Well spanks you very much.... I suppose I have to live up to it....... 5112 taxis drivers to flush down 5112 drivers to flush down.....

Simpsons theme in case not gotten and apologies if not suitable mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

I don't see the big issue tbh, why are people parking outside his house?

Well spanks you very much.... I suppose I have to live up to it....... 5112 taxis drivers to flush down 5112 drivers to flush down.....

Simpsons theme in case not gotten and apologies if not suitable mods.

Mods might come along and say that's a paddlin

liam7831 wrote: »

There is no official parking spaces assigned (while common sense states people will park in front of where they live and in this case in front of other neighbours homes ) he has defaced the public road with yellow markings and OP wants to know who to report it to clean up his mess

• Advertisement

Mods might come along and say that's a paddlin

Is that not in another thread..... That's a paddling....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

wally1990 wrote:
    There is no official parking spaces assigned (while common sense states people will park in front of where they live ) he has defaced the public road with yellow markings and OP wants to know who to report it to to clean up his mess

Yes, thanks for repeating everything that's already been said.

Is that not in another thread..... That's a paddling....

If it is I didn't know ha ha

You mentioned mods and I thought of the Simpson quote with it.

Who doesn't like the simpsons :)

:)

Yes, thanks for repeating everything that's already been said.

Ok then........

If it is I didn't know ha ha

You mentioned mods and I thought of the Simpson quote with it.

Who doesn't like the simpsons :)

:)

That's a paddlin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

If it's not private property you can park where he painted the lines... I've seen people put cones on a public road outside their house thinking they own that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

Basically, what he did is an act of conversion, unilaterally converting the public's property to be his own personal property and without just compensation.
    Aren't people just magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

If someone was to spray “TAXI” it might be clearer to all concerned LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I'd get a can of black spray and only leave the shape of a knob in yellow for him to park on.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

I knew of two fellas having a bit of a feud, every few months the one would go late at night and spray paint "A**hole Lives Here" ten feet tall on the road in front of his house. Not suggesting it, I'm just enjoying a fond memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Get an old clunker from the scrapyard, and when hes off taxiing park it in the painted area, jam on the handbrake and deflate all the tyres.

It then becomes his issue to report to the Council, whose second question will be; where did this paint come from?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Get an old clunker from the scrapyard, and when hes off taxiing park it in the painted area, jam on the handbrake and deflate all the tyres.

It then becomes his issue to report to the Council, whose second question will be; where did this paint come from?

Now that's an idea

Most of the spaces aren't directly facing a house.the space in front of me is about 3 feet to the left which is the one I usually use.as most houses have multiple cars is just a case of first come first serve

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Most of the spaces aren't directly facing a house.the space in front of me is about 3 feet to the left which is the one I usually use.as most houses have multiple cars is just a case of first come first serve

Unfortunately that's how it is.....

Nobody has any right over any specific space.

Public road = anyone can park....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Why don't you meet him halfway. Only park halfway over it

Unfortunately that's how it is.....

Nobody has any right over any specific space.

Public road = anyone can park....

That's how I see it.some neighbours are saying that they are entitled to 2 spaces.another neighbour said when they bought the house it was in the deeds that they have 1 space allocated

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    That's how I see it.some neighbours are saying that they are entitled to 2 spaces.another neighbour said when they bought the house it was in the deeds that they have 1 space allocated

Is it a public road or private estate.

If it were on the deeds which I very highly doubt then spaces would be numbered and any extra left blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

This is one reason I will never buy (or if I can avoid it, rent) anywhere that doesn't have a private driveway. Parking wars are a nightmare.

Is it a public road or private estate.

If it were on the deeds which I very highly doubt then spaces would be numbered and any extra left blank.

Its a private estate but 90% has been taken over by the council with the 10% made up of apartments which have a management company

• Advertisement

I’d park in it every chance I got just to annoy him and show you don’t care what’s written on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement