If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV delivered to wrong address

Options
  • 17-11-2018 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Ordered a 55 inch Samsung smart TV on Tuesday. Order Number snip

I updated my address to my new address when ordering, but the order still went through on my old address.

So immediately after ordering online I rang the Belfast store and got them to change the delivery address to my new address.

Today the TV was delivered to my old address and i had to arrange a van to get it moved.

Very disappointed this happened when I changed the delivery address when ordering online and it didn't change, then went to the trouble of ringing to change the delivery address, and it still went to wrong address.

Regards,
    Nick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Enfant,

please accept my apologies for this - I can see on our system that the delivery address was originally entered on the web order as the original address but that it was subsequently changed - why that did not get through to our couriers is the issue as I cannot see from our system who you spoke to - and that colleague should have relayed the information to the couriers.

If you get a moment could you drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie with who you spoke to and I will investigate this properly for you and report back on what went wrong and hopefully this will allow us to improve our procedures.

Apologies again and hope to chat / mail soon,

Best regards,

John McDonald
    Managing Director

Richer Sounds Ireland 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Enfant,

please accept my apologies for this - I can see on our system that the delivery address was originally entered on the web order as the original address but that it was subsequently changed - why that did not get through to our couriers is the issue as I cannot see from our system who you spoke to - and that colleague should have relayed the information to the couriers.

If you get a moment could you drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie with who you spoke to and I will investigate this properly for you and report back on what went wrong and hopefully this will allow us to improve our procedures.

Apologies again and hope to chat / mail soon,

Best regards,

John McDonald
    Managing Director

Richer Sounds Ireland 
    Sent the email explaining what happened, like you asked on the 17th and got no reply since.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Snipped by Mod, PM Sent

Quote snipped by Mod

No just expected a reply explaining what happened. 

I did enter details right, if you look in this section you'll see another poster couldn't update their delivery address like me.

I then rang them to update the delivery address immediately but it still went to my old address. 

Not looking for the 7 euro or whatever delivery cost back I'll survive without that.

Maybe getting someone with a van is easy for you but it wasn't for me.

Just expecting a reply to the email I was asked to send am I wrong to expect that?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

@Dav32 - thanks for your input - I'm sure it is well intended but if you want to contact the OP PM would be better rather than in a commercial forum.

In general I am not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss a specific issue but I will try to address it as briefly as possible.

The OP has a valid issue - I AM trying to address it - the OP sent me an email on Saturday evening which I started to address on Monday AM - unfortunately as we do not know which Colleague the OP asked to change the delivery address we are having to examine all our CCTV and try to tie it up to our call records  - this is the only way we can find out what happened as we do not record our incoming phone calls.

As I am sure you can understand it is quite a busy time of year and I am trying to address it but not all our Colleagues work every day.

In the meantime we can of course refund your shipping charge and I will ask our accounts guys to arrange a goodwill amount to you to make up in some small way for the inconvenience - of course if this is not acceptable we are happy to collect and refund your TV in full and leave you with an goodwill payment.

To be fair to our guys whilst we should have corrected the delivery address as requested, it is exceptionally busy at this time & messages taken over the phone can be forgotten or mislaid - we would like to employ robots, but we have a bunch of slightly tatty AV nerds working with us for years now and at this stage we are very fond of them so they are staying! but if anyone would like to change any details after an order - its best if that is done online or pop us a quick email with the the order reference and then we have a record of it that we can tie back to the order.

Hope this addresses the issue and again apologies to the OP.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

dav32cs,

Please see the Charter for this forum, queries here are for Richersounds to answer, it is inappropriate for Boardies to pitch in with their opinion/advice on this forum.

In addition, there is a requirement in the Charter regarding civility - it is completely inappropriate to address a poster on this forum in a manner which questions their motives in their dealings with Richersounds,

This is not a discussion forum or one of the more robustly contested forums on Boards, it is a place for commercial interaction with RS - the Charter explains things fairly clearly and I am requesting you to read the Charter before posting on this forum.

If you have any queries about the contents of the Charter, please contact me by PM, please do not post on this thread again

Ritz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Folks,

Just for the record, this thread was started by the OP to deal with a particular issue with Richersounds. There is no reason for any other Boardie to pitch in on this thread, as per Charter provisions.

If you have a query of your own or you’re looking for advice or a deal, you are always welcome to open a thread and ask away.

Thanks,

Ritz.

@Dav32 - thanks for your input - I'm sure it is well intended but if you want to contact the OP PM would be better rather than in a commercial forum.

In general I am not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss a specific issue but I will try to address it as briefly as possible.

The OP has a valid issue - I AM trying to address it - the OP sent me an email on Saturday evening which I started to address on Monday AM - unfortunately as we do not know which Colleague the OP asked to change the delivery address we are having to examine all our CCTV and try to tie it up to our call records  - this is the only way we can find out what happened as we do not record our incoming phone calls.

As I am sure you can understand it is quite a busy time of year and I am trying to address it but not all our Colleagues work every day.

In the meantime we can of course refund your shipping charge and I will ask our accounts guys to arrange a goodwill amount to you to make up in some small way for the inconvenience - of course if this is not acceptable we are happy to collect and refund your TV in full and leave you with an goodwill payment.

To be fair to our guys whilst we should have corrected the delivery address as requested, it is exceptionally busy at this time & messages taken over the phone can be forgotten or mislaid - we would like to employ robots, but we have a bunch of slightly tatty AV nerds working with us for years now and at this stage we are very fond of them so they are staying! but if anyone would like to change any details after an order - its best if that is done online or pop us a quick email with the the order reference and then we have a record of it that we can tie back to the order.

Hope this addresses the issue and again apologies to the OP.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    TV at correct address now so can close off this issue as resolved.

Mod Comment

Enfant Terrible,

Thanks, thread closed as requested.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.