Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rough cost of new boiler, powerflush etc?

• 17-11-2018 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Moved house a month ago, heating been acting up. It's got 3 zones and seems they can only run individually. If they're all on, rads aren't very hot, cold patches on them. Slight leaky flue also and pressure drops in boiler and needs to be topped up every few weeks. Anyway, to cut a long story short, gas boiler guy called yesterday, said heat exchange is fecked. House only 8 years old but he said the boiler had been poorly serviced and because of that, system is banjaxed and needs replacing. He recommends new boiler and powerflush the system to get rid of all the sludge etc.
    He emailed this quote - Ariston Clas System One with 8 year warranty, Powerflush Inc Chemicals, New primary magnetic filter (Magna clean), New Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Add Inhibitors, Commission New Boiler, Remove old boiler & Rubbish. Total cost €2500.
    That was his most expensive out of 4 options, other options had different boiler(Ariston E system) with 2 year warranty but he said this boiler is a very good one.
    How does that price sound? Is it a decent boiler? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Don't know anything about the different brands of boiler but we had the same job done in Sept and it cost us 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭R11

Don't know anything about the different brands of boiler but we had the same job done in Sept and it cost us 3k.

OK, was it an Ariston boiler you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Somebody from Dublin did a Worcester Bosch full flush etc filter for me. Can't remembe price but it wasn't crazy high if I remember correctly. These boilers are fantastic, I wouldn't use anything else.

The service was also great from the lads. I'm in Kildare.

Pm me if you need details.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

R11 wrote: »
    OK, was it an Ariston boiler you got?

Like ebbsy below ours is a Worcester Bosch boiler - greenstar I system is written on the manual

Advertisement