Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

martyos121 wrote: »
    Do you have a decent pair of headphones? My fan has been loud lately so I got into the habit of plugging my Sennheiser 598s into the controller and the gaming experience is so much more immersive. And you can’t hear the fan at all, more importantly. :)

Yeah but I'm trying to listen out for a baby monitor as well so not ideal. The disk vibration seems to have calmed down but the fans are starting to go crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

dulpit wrote: »
    I assume you've played spider man?

What a Game. Game of the year for me last year...Just beating GOW for the sheer fun element and playability. also the story line was really excellent for the subject Matter. That ending :o

I really cannot believe that AssCreed Valhalla and Cyberpunk207 are now on 2 days apart releasing. WTAF

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

martyos121 wrote: »
    Witcher 3 if you haven’t played that yet, especially if you liked Odyssey and that type of game. It does everything better than it though.

Ratchet and Clank is excellent too, very light in tone so it’s not much like the other games you mentioned but every PS4 owner should give it a go.

Sorry.. you played Spidey....Has to be Red Dead 2 soo.. Absolutley Sublime. Warning...Dont waste your time on multiplayer... absolutely stinks.
    Also Ass Creed origins absolutly fantastic. ( not Odyssey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Did someone on here recommend feet for their ps4 before? Getting a loud vibrating from the wood tv unit it's sitting in with the disc spinning. Think i got used to mostly digital games lately. Between that and the game i can't hear ghost of tsushima. Shut the **** up PlayStation. Ps5 can't come quick enough.

I wedged a tiny piece of folded paper under one of the corners of the PS to stop that. Only lifts its a few mm but thats enough to stop that noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Damien360

EoinHef wrote: »
    I wedged a tiny piece of folded paper under one of the corners of the PS to stop that. Only lifts its a few mm but thats enough to stop that noise

You could use 3m sticky pads. Cut to size. I did it to stop the PS4 randomly ejecting the disc due to position of the eject button. Noise is an issue still but no vibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Thanks for all the recommendations earlier guys. Actually started playing uncharted 4. Absolutely loved the first two games on the ps3 but sort of missed out on all the ones since. Had the collection and 4 there from plus and decided to go with 4. Loving it so far.

I'm a couple of hours in, chapter 6 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

SK1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the recommendations earlier guys. Actually started playing uncharted 4. Absolutely loved the first two games on the ps3 but sort of missed out on all the ones since. Had the collection and 4 there from plus and decided to go with 4. Loving it so far.

I'm a couple of hours in, chapter 6 I think.

Uncharted lost legacy is a good game too

EoinHef wrote: »

Funnily enough, last night, the fan noise was low and no vibration, system running quietly. Ghost of Tsushima is a quiet game though, find i have to turn the volume up more than other games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody know how to contact Playstation support by phone or email?

I've got a ~8 month old DS4 controller with a battery that's gone and the left analog stick is going too. The fix and replace questionnaire on the website allows me to return it but I always get an error on the final page of arranging the return so can't arrange it and I can't for the life of me find a telephone number or email address for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody know how to contact Playstation support by phone or email?

I've got a ~8 month old DS4 controller with a battery that's gone and the left analog stick is going too. The fix and replace questionnaire on the website allows me to return it but I always get an error on the final page of arranging the return so can't arrange it and I can't for the life of me find a telephone number or email address for them.
    My friends had awful trouble trying to contact them
    I think they used this number
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/88baxn/does_anyone_know_the_playstation_support_number/

• Advertisement

Anyone know much about streaming from PS4? There may not be a fix though but worth asking

Sometimes my friend and I play single player games but want the other to be on chat too while streaming them. We can't get the game vs chat audio to work right so we usually mute the game it but prefer not to. Tried lots of different settings and none worked. I'm reading them out walkthrough stuff while they play this week.
    Neither of us have proper headsets (dunno if it matters).
    I searched a few times online but usually it's about like the same room not different houses.

I hope that makes sense, it's kinda hsrd yo explain when I'm not trying to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The nephew and his friends use WhatsApp video calls with their phones beside them when they're doing something like that.

The nephew and his friends use WhatsApp video calls with their phones beside them when they're doing something like that.
    My nephew does that too oddly enough, but never heard what it sounds like, costs nothing to try though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Anybody else just get €10 added to their PlayStation wallet. To
    celebrate 10 years of PlayStation Plus?
    Nice little surprise, I was about to Buy Dreams, as it's on sale ( €27.99) and just got VR support.
    So now only €18 and well worth it.

Edit : Just to add, I've had PS Plus from the first day it launched.

bazzz wrote: »
    Nice little surprise, I was about to Buy Dreams, as it's on sale ( €27.99) and just got VR support.

By any chance, did you have ps plus for the 10 years straight?

By any chance, did you have ps plus for the 10 years straight?

I should have mentioned that, yes I've had it from day one.

I'll edit my original post. Thanks for the reminder.

I should have mentioned that, yes I've had it from day one.

I'll edit my original post. Thanks for the reminder.

I let it dip once in subscription, lost the ability to do the cool report a few years back because of it. Will be on the PlayStation later to give a look but sounds like something for the 10 year crowd.

I let it dip once in subscription, lost the ability to do the cool report a few years back because of it. Will be on the PlayStation later to give a look but sounds like something for the 10 year crowd.

I got the notification from the PS Mobile App.
    Just in case you have the app installed and close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Damien360

Edit : Just to add, I've had PS Plus from the first day it launched.

Yes. I got that also. I've always had PS plus since it started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

hmmmm nothing here and I've had it since day 1. Mind you I don't have the mobile app and just checked on the web browser

RedXIV wrote: »
    hmmmm nothing here and I've had it since day 1. Mind you I don't have the mobile app and just checked on the web browser

If you've had it since day one (ten years), you'll probably get it. It'll appear
    instantly in your PSN Wallet.

Edit: I might have been wrong, stating it's not randomly given out. This was a response on the UK Playstation Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK/status/1287376759302823937?s=20

This almost worked only that my friend needed earphones in to have on his mic but sound quality was okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone having issues with internet connection in the mornings? On virgin media.

Connected with a cable, get no internet. Every other device connects fine. Happened yesterday and today, worked fine yesterday evening. Nothing has changed in regards to the PS4, the cable or the router

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone having issues with internet connection in the mornings? On virgin media.

Connected with a cable, get no internet. Every other device connects fine. Happened yesterday and today, worked fine yesterday evening. Nothing has changed in regards to the PS4, the cable or the router

VM too, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

System Software Beta 8.0 code if anyone wants it. 66MM-74N3-6DKG

F1ngers wrote: »
    System Software Beta 8.0 code if anyone wants it. 66MM-74N3-6DKG

Man, it's like every update is for the Party function.
    Main features updated in this System Software 8.00 Beta

As part of the System Software 8.00 Beta, the following changes have been made to Party and Messages:

● When starting a party, you can now choose to create a new group or select an existing group. When you create a new group, it'll be saved even after the party has ended. You can start a new party with the same members by selecting the group that you previously created.
    ● You can now use your groups across Party and Messages. You can send messages to a group you created for a party, or start a party with a group you've messaged with.
    ● Messages has been added to the screen during parties. When you select Messages, you'll see the messages exchanged between members of your group.
    ● The public/private settings for parties have been removed. Only members of the group can join the party.
    ● You can now change your party settings from the options menu that displays on the screen when you select (Party). You can also manage your party connection settings when you select [Party Voice Chat Connection], which has been added to the party settings.
    ● Members of your party can now see when your mic is muted.
    ● You can now join parties even if there are members that you've blocked. When you join a party with a blocked member, or when a blocked member joins the party, you'll receive a notification. During the party, you won't hear each other, and the game you're playing, as well as your Share Play status, won't be displayed. In addition, the blocked member won't be notified that you've blocked them.
    ● Play Together sessions can no longer be started during a party. For online multiplayer games, you can start a game session from within the game.
    ● Two-step verification is now available using authenticator apps. After entering your sign-in ID and password on your PS4, you can complete the sign-in process by allowing the app access. You can download authenticator apps from the App Store or Google Play™. We do not guarantee the functionality of all authenticator apps.

The following changes have been made to parental controls:
    ● [Communicating with Other Players] and [Viewing Content Created by Other Players] have been combined and are now [Communication and User-Generated Content]. If you've selected [Not Allowed] for either of the settings, the same setting will transfer after the update.

Other updated features

● [Mute All Microphones] has been added to the quick menu under [Sound/Devices]. This setting mutes all microphones connected to your PS4.
    ● The following changes have been made to Communities. -You can no longer create parties from the Community screen. You'll need to create a group in Party.
    ● You can no longer create a new event in Events.
    Events created before the update will still be held, and events and tournaments hosted by game developers will continue to take place.
    ● For some features, the content displayed on the screen has changed, as well as the screen design.

Limitations during Beta

If you participate in the beta, you won't be able to join the same Party or use Share Play with others who aren't participating in the program. However, the Beta code can be redeemed by 20 different qualifying accounts. But only share the code with your friends that you know are happy to receive it (must be 18+ years old).

Please note: before you start, we strongly recommend that you back up your important data before downloading the beta software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Man, it's like every update is for the Party function.

And most of the changes feel like a step back.

The best change is probably being able to switch 2FA from a text message to an app authenticator, much more secure with someone less likely to be able to call Sony and hijack your account.

2FA is barely a roadbump atm with how easy it is to get a Sony rep to change the associated phone number to redirect the 2FA codes.

The best change is probably being able to switch 2FA from a text message to an app authenticator, much more secure with someone less likely to be able to call Sony and hijack your account.

2FA is barely a roadbump atm with how easy it is to get a Sony rep to change the associated phone number to redirect the 2FA codes.

Missed that bit, thats great! hate waiting for the text, then not receiving it then hitting resend and you get 2 at the same time then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,335 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I got an invite but won't be partaking for the fact I don't use any of the features they're working on. Plus, so much for the confidentially agreement they mentioned in the email...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Forgot about this. And just in time to check the thread. Work best stay quiet for 40ish minutes!

Also don't understand the live comments on these videos. They go 100 miles an hour, how you expect anyone to read it, let alone reply, is beyond me. Off they be turned.

Interesting. Didn't expect any PS5 games tbh. Some games stood out for me:

The Pathless - SotC meets Cranked, I'm liking the look of this one.
    Aon Must Die - Stunning art style, very interested and will be keeping an eye on it.
    ANNO: Mutationem- Another visually excellent looking game.
    Control: AWE dlc - Didn't give away much, but the base game was good, so I'll probably pick this up. Feel like I should get Alan Wake first though.
    Hood: Outlaws and Legends - Another one I'm interested in, but it might go too team focussed, in which case I'm out.
    Godfall - Looks right up my alley. Will most likely get this on/near release.

Funny that MTX are now something you can announce as a feature-free inclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure if it says more about me or the state off AAA gaming but it was Spelunky 2 and Braid 2020 that got me the most excited there.

Godfall looks like the very definition of generic. I do like the look of Hood though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Meh.

Crash Bandicoot is the only thing id be interested in there maybe the Control stuff as well.

Otherwise, a couple of things that looked fancy in trailers but will more than likely be just added to the pile on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bugsnax is so odd I will definitely play it someday if I get a PS5. Godfall meanwhile is probably the most uninspired looking game I've seen since Army of Two. Even the commentary over it sounded like he was tired talking about it.

Hitman 3(and the trilogy) having VR support was absolutely unexpected but I don't have a headset to try it.

Braid anniversary collection, Spelunky 2, Crash 4 and The Pathless looked pretty good.

I was expecting to see bigger 3rd party stuff like maybe COD, Marvel Avengers(probably best not to show spiderman right now), FIFA or something out this holiday. Its not possible in the current climate but I wouldn't cry to see Last of Us Part 2 or Ghost get substantial DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bugsnax is so odd I will definitely play it someday if I get a PS5. Godfall meanwhile is probably the most uninspired looking game I've seen since Army of Two. Even the commentary over it sounded like he was tired talking about it.

Hitman 3(and the trilogy) having VR support was absolutely unexpected but I don't have a headset to try it.

Braid anniversary collection, Spelunky 2 and The Pathless looked pretty good.

I was expecting to see bigger 3rd party stuff like maybe COD, Marvel Avengers(probably best not to show spiderman right now), FIFA or something out this holiday. Its not possible in the current climate but I wouldn't cry to see Last of Us Part 2 or Ghost get substantial DLC.

They have a new gameplay trailer for Fifa out today I saw it on Youtube early on but haven't watched it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

All the PS4 controller colours.

Apart from the jet black one, I have the berry blue one. Berry blue controller is beautiful.

Some of them are really nice. Some of them... well... they'd be the types I'd use if I had a YouTube channel for destroying things.

Have the jet black, of course, and got the sunset orange at christmas. Only ever needed one as i've no player 2 in the house who wants to play.

Really wanted the magma red one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So Red dead redemption got patched at the start of the week and it completely broke the game, even if you'd could stay on long enough to actually play if you wanted to play online that would kick you after a few minutes anyway and even when on nothing worked (no npc/animals spawning, stuff clipping through maps).

Game patched today and people don't know if it's just reverting or what but interestingly the Xbox patch is 3GB and the PS4 is 164MB for whatever reason. Maybe in among all that long PS4 patch copying there's a roll back feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And the PS4 patch still takes longer to download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is it normal that when I download a game onto the ps4 it's sounds like a Ryanair plane about to take off when playing? Disc games have no problem. Noise is so bad I can't hear the game. Its the updated version which was released a few years back.

Really annoying, anyway to stop it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Is it normal that when I download a game onto the ps4 it's sounds like a Ryanair plane about to take off when playing? Disc games have no problem. Noise is so bad I can't hear the game. Its the updated version which was released a few years back.

It's normal with most games. The fans are awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's normal with most games. The fans are awful.

Mine has been class since replacing the thermal paste. It's made a huge difference.

Penn wrote: »
    Mine has been class since replacing the thermal paste. It's made a huge difference.

Wish I could say the same. It still takes slightly longer to get there, but ends up like a jet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Mine's the opposite, only a problem when using a disc, no issue on digital ones. Using the slim

Someone a while ago talking about buying a new shell for the controller, how do you work out if its "JDS 040 Controller" or whatever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Does the pro have a better (more efficient) graphics card? My base model's fan goes nuts on graphics intensive games like TLOU2, GT sport, or war zone, but is chilled for others so thinking upgrading to a pro would help

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Does the pro have a better (more efficient) graphics card? My base model's fan goes nuts on graphics intensive games like TLOU2, GT sport, or war zone, but is chilled for others so thinking upgrading to a pro would help

No, the fan is even worse on the pro.

Advertisement