Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Buying a console for a few weeks of downtime isn't a great return.

Either get the Xbox pass or the EA one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Hi all, hope you can help and question is in correct thread.
    My young lad has a PS4 pro since January 2019.
    Plays fortnite. That's really all. One day the controller wouldn't play in game. It would navigate to the game screen but that's it. Googling brought me to the small reset button.
    Did that but L2 would no longer work.
    Got second controller in January 2020. Worked for 6 weeks then same problem. Got another last week and it's happened again.
    I've taken the old one apart. Clean as a whistle. Put tissue in behind the L2 as seen on YouTube but no joy.
    We seem fairly unique in this problem. Has anyone else had this happen??
    Thanks

Plug the controllers into a PC and bring up the controller settings, if you're on windows 10 you should just need to hit the windows key and type controller. select the controller and hit properties.

Should be able to see if L2 is giving an output there. it won't be named L2 it'll be button number something but if you hit it it should light up on the controller settings.

Unlikely you've 3 controllers go, might be a issue with the console. Do these controllers have a light on the top as well as the back or just the back. if it has 2 lights then it's a V2 and you could try using it wired to the PS4 to rule out any Bluetooth issues. you'd need to go onto settings on the PS4 but I can't remember where it is, might be under devices & then controllers or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Varik wrote: »
    Plug the controllers into a PC and bring up the controller settings, if you're on windows 10 you should just need to hit the windows key and type controller. select the controller and hit properties.

Should be able to see if L2 is giving an output there. it won't be named L2 it'll be button number something but if you hit it it should light up on the controller settings.

Unlikely you've 3 controllers go, might be a issue with the console. Do these controllers have a light on the top as well as the back or just the back. if it has 2 lights then it's a V2 and you could try using it wired to the PS4 to rule out any Bluetooth issues. you'd need to go onto settings on the PS4 but I can't remember where it is, might be under devices & then controllers or something.

Thanks for the reply, yeah it's very strange.
    Will try plug it in at work(well hopefully).
    It's the 2 light controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

I signed up for The Game Collection website, but they don't seem to allow any country in the address other than United Kingdom. They say they ship worldwide though. Am I missing something? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Rdwrer wrote: »
    I signed up for The Game Collection website, but they don't seem to allow any country in the address other than United Kingdom. They say they ship worldwide though. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Surely that's a question for them, and not a generic PlayStation thread on a completely unrelated site?

Having nagged you about that, I think you're out of luck:
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/help/delivery/destinations/

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Thanks. That explains it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Surely that's a question for them, and not a generic PlayStation thread on a completely unrelated site?

Having nagged you about that, I think you're out of luck:
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/help/delivery/destinations/

That's odd. I only made an order on Thursday and was delivered on Monday. Shipping to here is usually £2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks. That explains it then.

I tweeted them about it, they said there will be announcement today about it. No deliveries outside uk for time being because of coronavirus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Use parcel motel.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Shame, they are my go-to for buying physical copies. Fingers crossed they don't forget to unblock the borders later :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Hi everyone,
    with everything that is going on what are peoples top single player games on the ps4 and PS+. I am travelling home soon and seems like its gonna be 14 days 'restricting my movements' for me with not great internet. Would love to hear peoples suggestions so I can stock up before I get home. Stay safe everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Would love to hear peoples suggestions so I can stock up before I get home

Last of Us, Uncharted (all 4), Red Dead 2, Arkham Knight would be my list

Last of Us, Uncharted 1-3 and Arkham Knight have all been free PS Plus games in the last year so if you've had an active sub in that time you'll already have them, if not then I hope you have a friend who'd let you use their account to download the games for yourself)

The South Park games are a great laugh but only if you're into the tv show

If you're going to be on lockdown with a few people then look up the Jackbox games and see if they'd be your sort of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hi everyone,
    with everything that is going on what are peoples top single player games on the ps4 and PS+. I am travelling home soon and seems like its gonna be 14 days 'restricting my movements' for me with not great internet. Would love to hear peoples suggestions so I can stock up before I get home. Stay safe everyone

GTA V if you haven't played it. Will take you many many hours.

Spider man the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,595 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hi everyone,

God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn on top of the previous suggestions

dulpit wrote: »
    GTA V if you haven't played it. Will take you many many hours.

Spider man the same.

Ditto for these as well, I always assume everyone's already played GTAV so never think to recommend it, and don't know how I forgot Spiderman

Detroit Become Human is another good one that again was free on PS Plus

I agree regarding Detroit: Become Human. Playing it at the moment and enjoying.

It was 12.99 last week but think that has ended now.

I was in isolation for three weeks during a stem cell transplant for cancer 18 months ago and Spiderman was my go to and kept me going. As did the Uncharted and Arkham games after that. Highly recommend them all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Thank you all for the suggestions, I have played some of them but will definitely give detroit a go as i did get in on ps+ recently too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know any decent multiplayer games where 5-6 people can party up to play? Most mates working from home now so we finding we have to have 2 teams to play warzone alot...

Only games I can think of are rainbow six siege, dead by daylight and Friday the 13th.. anyone know any other good games?

Anyone know any decent multiplayer games where 5-6 people can party up to play? Most mates working from home now so we finding we have to have 2 teams to play warzone alot...

Only games I can think of are rainbow six siege, dead by daylight and Friday the 13th.. anyone know any other good games?

Destiny/The Division.
    Minecraft/No Man's sky/Farming sim
    Monster Hunter ( same game but 2 teams of 3)
    GTA Online/Red Dead 2 online
    World of Tanks/War Thunder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Has GameStop removed all their new PS4 stock to sell their second hand consoles?

Or are the new consoles just sold out. It would be a typical GameStop thing to do to just remove new consoles to sell old ones for profitting in a time such as this.

Probably better to clear existing stock including used, rather than buying in stock and being stuck with it and unable to sell if things are shut down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i'm not planning on playing on a big 4k tv, is there any real benefit in getting the Pro over the standard? Plan on picking one up for Final Fantasy 7 (plus Spiderman and a few older games) but not sure if the extra cost is worth it.

Might be worth it in sell on value, as i'd probably end up selling it in a few months (which i always do with consoles :/)

Kiith wrote: »
    If i'm not planning on playing on a big 4k tv, is there any real benefit in getting the Pro over the standard? Plan on picking one up for Final Fantasy 7 (plus Spiderman and a few older games) but not sure if the extra cost is worth it.

Might be worth it in sell on value, as i'd probably end up selling it in a few months (which i always do with consoles :/)

There are many benefits to the Pro over the standard edition but the key one for me is the visual upgrades so if they're off the table as making any material difference, I'd say the pro isn't worth it unless you can find one at a negligibly higher price than the standard model. Once the PS5 is released, the value of the ps4s will inevitably drop.

If you are going for a Pro, make sure it's model cuh 7200 or above. Before that has atrocious fan noise. Some people have been lucky, i have not. Can't wait to trade it against the ps5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd prefer the Pro, but there are some pretty cheap slim ones out there. Would there by much a difference in performance/frame rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    If you are going for a Pro, make sure it's model cuh 7200 or above. Before that has atrocious fan noise. Some people have been lucky, i have not. Can't wait to trade it against the ps5.

Agreed. Tbh I wouldn't buy a Pro atm if planning to get a PS5 later in the year, just get the cheapest PS4 you can find.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »

I used a Pro with a regular full HD tv for a year or so, there was a notable improvement graphic and performance wise, not PS3 to PS4 big but enough to make it worth my time and money at least, but probably not enough for the couple months you'd plan on holding it for, it's just more value to be eroded when PS5 comes closer to market and lots of people will be looking to sell their consoles come September/October time

Advertisement