Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Performance on consoles is woeful by some accounts. Like 10-20fps sometimes. Maybe one to revisit on next-gen if they have boost modes and whatnot

Plays fine on the Pro, think that applies to the non-pro versions. Still had some drops, but never noticeable enough to take away from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What are the places for online codes ?

Press start - now instant gaming,

What were the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What are the places for online codes ?

Press start - now instant gaming,

What were the others?

PC Game Supply

https://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone know a good way to contact Irish PS support? Tried ringing 01 691 7379 but all i get is "sorry, this number is not available"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone know a good way to contact Irish PS support? Tried ringing 01 691 7379 but all i get is "sorry, this number is not available"

No live support atm. Contact the PS UK support on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Could you top up a non Irish playstation account using revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Sidford wrote: »
    Could you top up a non Irish playstation account using revolut?

Yep, I do without any issues.

duploelabs wrote: »

Konami have come out and said the rumors aren't true, but didn't close the door on it, basically saying that it's not happening the way it's been reported. The whole Silent Hills PS5VR episodic idea is interesting. And a Silent Hill reboot would be amazing with current and future tech, don't know if I'd be able for it. The original was pants filling enough, only I had a mate play through it with me at the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Free games

Stay safe and pick up Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey for free from 16th April through 6th May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Free games

Stay safe and pick up Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey for free from 16th April through 6th May

Hate to complain about free stuff but would be nice if they threw in something that wasn't on ps plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »
    Free games

Just read that
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/04/14/announcing-the-play-at-home-initiative/#sf232740584

Games are yours to keep once you've downloaded them too, unlike PS+ games which are tied to your subscription.

Already have Journey from a previous PS+ giveaway (amazing game if you've never played it). Uncharted collection goes well with this month's PS+ offering too.

Great deal. Wonder if they'll add a few more games to it in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Why are they getting knack 2 in Germany instead of the uncharted collection?

Problem is that if you've got a game from PS plus then it's on your account already so you normally can't buy it. Sony might do something here to sort that or not require active PS plus users to have to do anything.

If you're want to play safe add the game to a secondary account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I have both games, uncharted 2 and 3 are so damn good and journey is a masterpiece, great gift from playstation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Be right back. Setting up a German account

So I've had 3 beta versions of firmware 7.50, and the real one came out today and it's just mentions stability.

Maybe this is some extra good labour and time intensive type of stability but I was expecting something bigger with the .50 and the long beta period.

Penn wrote: »
    amazing game if you've never played it)
    ronano wrote: »
    ...journey is a masterpiece...

I'm not gonna complain about free games, so definitely try it out, but I feel I had to give the other side and say that it was a waste of my time and I want it back. Hold forward and jump every now and again. Groundbreaking stuff...

Anyway, I hope they keep this up. Would like Knack 2, don't know why we didn't get that here and we only over the pond.

Sorry if this is an obvious one I searched and couldn't find the answer.

Is there a way to hide all PS+ games in the library? Mine has expired and not renewing it for the moment so want to just see content I own.

Sorry if this is an obvious one I searched and couldn't find the answer.

Is there a way to hide all PS+ games in the library? Mine has expired and not renewing it for the moment so want to just see content I own.

I'm pretty sure 'Purchased Games' excludes the PS+ ones, which has its own section down the bottom. Other than that, you have to individually select options on each game and 'Hide from'.

I was right, but had the name wrong, just checked. The games you've purchased outright are in the 'Games' category, the one with the controller icon. The PS+ ones show in 'All'. All purchased, PS+ and PS Now show under 'Purchased'.

Doubled edit! I'm wrong. There is no way other than to select options and 'Do not show...' in the Purchased Games section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not gonna complain about free games, so definitely try it out, but I feel I had to give the other side and say that it was a waste of my time and I want it back. Hold forward and jump every now and again. Groundbreaking stuff...

Anyway, I hope they keep this up. Would like Knack 2, don't know why we didn't get that here and we only over the pond.

Can't you make another account to get Knack 2, the same way you can for US accounts?
    I haven't tried for Germany yet

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can't you make another account to get Knack 2, the same way you can for US accounts?
    I haven't tried for Germany yet

I am waaaaaay too lazy and less bothered to be doing the multiple account craic. I'll wait. I was patient with Uncharted 4 and that has finally paid off. I'm also sure it'll be a Now game at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

I feel exactly the same Re: Journey. It was rubbish. Complete waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Hi lads, need to get a PS voucher for the nephews birthday anyone know where I could get one sent instantly? I usually use press-start but they’re out of stock.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Hi lads, need to get a PS voucher for the nephews birthday anyone know where I could get one sent instantly? I usually use press-start but they’re out of stock.

Pretty sure Smyths and GS do online codes as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rdwrer wrote: »
    I feel exactly the same Re: Journey. It was rubbish. Complete waste of time.

No I can definitely see why some wouldn't like it. It's very much of an experience rather than any great gameplay or anything. I went into it knowing nothing of it and for a lot of it I would have been of the same mindset, but it gradually all clicked with me. But it's very subjective, and something you'd either like or not like. I think it's worth trying anyway though.

Anyone know how to fix payment issues?

Got a new debit card as mine was expired, its activated and all that already. Added it to my paypal as normal and thought nothing of it.

Went to the store to buy some DLC today and i get told that my credit/debit card is not valid. Have removed it, re-added it and all that but no dice.

Anyone ever come across this before, is there a waiting period between adding a payment method and being allowed to use it?

Anyone know how to fix payment issues?

Got a new debit card as mine was expired, its activated and all that already. Added it to my paypal as normal and thought nothing of it.

Went to the store to buy some DLC today and i get told that my credit/debit card is not valid. Have removed it, re-added it and all that but no dice.

Anyone ever come across this before, is there a waiting period between adding a payment method and being allowed to use it?

Did you validate your card on PayPal by entering the 4 digit code from your statement?

Did you validate your card on PayPal by entering the 4 digit code from your statement?

Wasnt given that option. went in and "updated" the details first. No change on PS store. Second time i went in and removed the current card, readded it, and it said it was good to go.

Went in and did that, all sorted now. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well my Pro seems to have developed the really loud fan issue,playing a bit of Warzone and God of War recently and the noise makes them unplayable for me without headphones. It's actually ridiculous.

PS4 Pro paired with a 4K is just a bad combo.

Advertisement