Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Maybe take a look at Hellblade although I'd hold out until its €20 or less, its fairly short at 10hrs'ish. Days Gone is another.

Some of the PSPlus games worth looking at would be Bioshock, Titanfall 2, Detroit Become Human and the amazing What Remains of Edith Finch, you may have worked your way through these already if you have Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

dudeeile wrote: »
    Maybe take a look at Hellblade although I'd hold out until its €20 or less, its fairly short at 10hrs'ish. Days Gone is another.

Some of the PSPlus games worth looking at would be Bioshock, Titanfall 2, Detroit Become Human and the amazing What Remains of Edith Finch, you may have worked your way through these already if you have Plus.

Actually haven't played any of these. Would definitely give Titanfall a go as have heard great things. I think that I might have missed that when it was on Plus though (pure laziness of course!).

Do have the Unchartered Remastered collection from Plus the other month though, so might get stuck into 3, and then 4. Absolutely loved 2 back in the day. Naughty Dog do have a hook with their story-telling that I like.

Have played Witcher 3 a couple of times but never completed it! Actually have it on the go on the Switch at the moment (but haven't played in about a month!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

dudeeile wrote: »

Titanfall 2 is a great game, the campaign and the movement is really cool in it, pity its over so quick.
    Detroit is excellent but i enjoy those choose your story game.
    Putting Until Dawn in here as if you missed it play that that was on a PS plus game a couple years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

If you want something very unique, try Death Stranding. I am really enjoying it at the moment after about 6 hours in. Never played anything like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I'd suggest firewatch, it's short and sweet but really engaging story wise. I also really liked oxenfree also would back in uncharted series (watch a few videos of the first and jump into second) and god of war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I assume you've played spider man?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Very niche game question but has anyone played Blacksad??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did someone on here recommend feet for their ps4 before? Getting a loud vibrating from the wood tv unit it's sitting in with the disc spinning. Think i got used to mostly digital games lately. Between that and the game i can't hear ghost of tsushima. Shut the **** up PlayStation. Ps5 can't come quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭mrm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Did someone on here recommend feet for their ps4 before? Getting a loud vibrating from the wood tv unit it's sitting in with the disc spinning. Think i got used to mostly digital games lately. Between that and the game i can't hear ghost of tsushima. Shut the **** up PlayStation. Ps5 can't come quick enough.

It's probably just the machine ohhing and ahhing at the games visuals....that why it's called fan noise:P. I'll get my kimono.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Do you have a decent pair of headphones? My fan has been loud lately so I got into the habit of plugging my Sennheiser 598s into the controller and the gaming experience is so much more immersive. And you can’t hear the fan at all, more importantly. :)

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Do you have a decent pair of headphones? My fan has been loud lately so I got into the habit of plugging my Sennheiser 598s into the controller and the gaming experience is so much more immersive. And you can’t hear the fan at all, more importantly. :)

Yeah but I'm trying to listen out for a baby monitor as well so not ideal. The disk vibration seems to have calmed down but the fans are starting to go crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

dulpit wrote: »
    I assume you've played spider man?

What a Game. Game of the year for me last year...Just beating GOW for the sheer fun element and playability. also the story line was really excellent for the subject Matter. That ending :o

I really cannot believe that AssCreed Valhalla and Cyberpunk207 are now on 2 days apart releasing. WTAF

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

martyos121 wrote: »
    Witcher 3 if you haven’t played that yet, especially if you liked Odyssey and that type of game. It does everything better than it though.

Ratchet and Clank is excellent too, very light in tone so it’s not much like the other games you mentioned but every PS4 owner should give it a go.

Sorry.. you played Spidey....Has to be Red Dead 2 soo.. Absolutley Sublime. Warning...Dont waste your time on multiplayer... absolutely stinks.
    Also Ass Creed origins absolutly fantastic. ( not Odyssey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I wedged a tiny piece of folded paper under one of the corners of the PS to stop that. Only lifts its a few mm but thats enough to stop that noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

EoinHef wrote: »
    I wedged a tiny piece of folded paper under one of the corners of the PS to stop that. Only lifts its a few mm but thats enough to stop that noise

You could use 3m sticky pads. Cut to size. I did it to stop the PS4 randomly ejecting the disc due to position of the eject button. Noise is an issue still but no vibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Thanks for all the recommendations earlier guys. Actually started playing uncharted 4. Absolutely loved the first two games on the ps3 but sort of missed out on all the ones since. Had the collection and 4 there from plus and decided to go with 4. Loving it so far.

I'm a couple of hours in, chapter 6 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

SK1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the recommendations earlier guys. Actually started playing uncharted 4. Absolutely loved the first two games on the ps3 but sort of missed out on all the ones since. Had the collection and 4 there from plus and decided to go with 4. Loving it so far.

I'm a couple of hours in, chapter 6 I think.

Uncharted lost legacy is a good game too

EoinHef wrote: »

Funnily enough, last night, the fan noise was low and no vibration, system running quietly. Ghost of Tsushima is a quiet game though, find i have to turn the volume up more than other games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody know how to contact Playstation support by phone or email?

I've got a ~8 month old DS4 controller with a battery that's gone and the left analog stick is going too. The fix and replace questionnaire on the website allows me to return it but I always get an error on the final page of arranging the return so can't arrange it and I can't for the life of me find a telephone number or email address for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody know how to contact Playstation support by phone or email?

I've got a ~8 month old DS4 controller with a battery that's gone and the left analog stick is going too. The fix and replace questionnaire on the website allows me to return it but I always get an error on the final page of arranging the return so can't arrange it and I can't for the life of me find a telephone number or email address for them.
    My friends had awful trouble trying to contact them
    I think they used this number
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/88baxn/does_anyone_know_the_playstation_support_number/

• Advertisement

Anyone know much about streaming from PS4? There may not be a fix though but worth asking

Sometimes my friend and I play single player games but want the other to be on chat too while streaming them. We can't get the game vs chat audio to work right so we usually mute the game it but prefer not to. Tried lots of different settings and none worked. I'm reading them out walkthrough stuff while they play this week.
    Neither of us have proper headsets (dunno if it matters).
    I searched a few times online but usually it's about like the same room not different houses.

I hope that makes sense, it's kinda hsrd yo explain when I'm not trying to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The nephew and his friends use WhatsApp video calls with their phones beside them when they're doing something like that.

The nephew and his friends use WhatsApp video calls with their phones beside them when they're doing something like that.
    My nephew does that too oddly enough, but never heard what it sounds like, costs nothing to try though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Anybody else just get €10 added to their PlayStation wallet. To
    celebrate 10 years of PlayStation Plus?
    Nice little surprise, I was about to Buy Dreams, as it's on sale ( €27.99) and just got VR support.
    So now only €18 and well worth it.

Edit : Just to add, I've had PS Plus from the first day it launched.

bazzz wrote: »
    Nice little surprise, I was about to Buy Dreams, as it's on sale ( €27.99) and just got VR support.

By any chance, did you have ps plus for the 10 years straight?

By any chance, did you have ps plus for the 10 years straight?

I should have mentioned that, yes I've had it from day one.

I'll edit my original post. Thanks for the reminder.

I should have mentioned that, yes I've had it from day one.

I'll edit my original post. Thanks for the reminder.

I let it dip once in subscription, lost the ability to do the cool report a few years back because of it. Will be on the PlayStation later to give a look but sounds like something for the 10 year crowd.

I let it dip once in subscription, lost the ability to do the cool report a few years back because of it. Will be on the PlayStation later to give a look but sounds like something for the 10 year crowd.

I got the notification from the PS Mobile App.
    Just in case you have the app installed and close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Edit : Just to add, I've had PS Plus from the first day it launched.

Yes. I got that also. I've always had PS plus since it started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

hmmmm nothing here and I've had it since day 1. Mind you I don't have the mobile app and just checked on the web browser

Advertisement